Suspension pump and pump up system empty.

The Lincolnshire Area, where the sausages come from.

Moderator: Geoff and Vicki Edge

Plezier
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF 75th

Suspension pump and pump up system empty.

Post by Plezier » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Anyone with a hydragas pump that could come and put some fluid in as the system is pretty empty what with the sub frame out and sphere disconnected. Just need to get it up off the stops to get the Tempests. I could buy one of the Oil gun type ones but they don't evacuate the air.

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: Suspension pump and pump up system empty.

Post by talkingcars » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:19 pm

They can
Dear talkingcars,

Hi James

If you buy our pump and low loss connector, we will supply our special pump. This unit comes with with the low-loss connector, double check valves, a bleed/vacuum connection point and a fluid chamber end cap. This will allow you to connect an external hand operated vacuum pump, to remove the air from the system prior to filling with the pump and pressurising, this is important if you do a suspension rebuild and loose the system fluids. Typically customers use the Mityvac hand operated vac pumps which are widely available.

The low-loss connector allows the car refill valve to be manually opened without letting in air or fluid out, and with use of the bleed/vacuum connection port on the pump the fluid can be released and collected.

Please buy both items with the postages as indicated to you, and we will supply the special unit with the extras mentioned above. (~The extras above and extra testing will be covered by the postage cost you pay for on the low-loss connector).

If you want an adaptor kit with shut off valve and hose tail to suit the Mityvac type of pump, these are £14.50 including UK post and packing. If you want this let us know and we will add this to the invoice if you "request total from seller" instead of making payment immediately, and we will add £12 to cover the adaptor kit as we can post it all together.

Both our standard and special pumps come with special instruction sheets which also explains how to mix the suspension fluids from car engine antifreeze and water and its fully compatible with Rover/Leyland fluid so the supply of fluid is easily and cheaply resolved.

Hope this helps, if not let me know

Kind regards- littletool
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

Plezier
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF 75th

Re: Suspension pump and pump up system empty.

Post by Plezier » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:43 pm

Thank you I was unaware of that. Will look into it.