East Kirkby Rover rally 13th July

The Lincolnshire Area, where the sausages come from.

Moderator: Geoff and Vicki Edge

Plezier
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF 75th

East Kirkby Rover rally 13th July

Post by Plezier » Sun May 04, 2014 9:13 am

As there seems to be a distinct lack of activity in the Lincs area was just wondering if others are intending to attend the 2014 Rover Rally at the East Kirkby airfield?

I realise it's mainly for older Rovers being run by a P4 oriented club but at last years there was a huge array of other marques as well and other model Rovers in attendance and on display plus there was quite an auto-jumble going on. I will certainly be going again just have to decide which car to take. The newly acquired Mk1 VVC MGF is cleaning up rather well so am tempted to take that. Last year it was the Rover 623 and as it turns out it was one of only three "600's" there.

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Re: East Kirkby Rover rally 13th July

Post by Keith Williams » Sun May 04, 2014 8:10 pm

Please contact Geoff & Vicki our regional reps for Lincolnshire on lincs@mgfregister.org as there are things happening in your area but they don't seem to be advertised on the forum for some reason.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

Plezier

Post by Plezier » Mon May 05, 2014 12:11 am

Will do I will speak to them in person on the 22nd at the Admiral Nelson meeting.

This bit of the forum is actually pretty dead.

Geoff and Vicki Edge
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere
Model of Car: 2000 MGF 1.8i

Post by Geoff and Vicki Edge » Thu May 08, 2014 8:50 am

We do hope that you do speak to us about this at the next meeting. It would have been preferable to have done so in person before making derogatory comments on a public forum.

We are saddened to learn that there are issues with activities in the Linc's area. Certainly we enjoy running the Register and felt that members were happy with what goes on. However we are conscious that we do so in an unelected capacity as we initiated the Lincolnshire Register and it may be that someone else feels they would be able to do better now that it is up and running.

To ensure that all members have the opportunity to express their views on this we will call a vote at the next meeting to see if members are indeed happy and wish us to continue in post or whether they would like someone else to take over. Members, please attend the next meeting if you wish your views to be known.

With regard to the event at East Kirkby, the MGCC Lincolnshire Centre, of which (being in MGCC) we are all also members, always organise an attendance at the yearly Rover event. Full details of this are on their website and in the newsletter. As the Linc's MGF Register is adopted as the 7th natter of the Centre we work in partnership with them and try where possible to organise Register activities that do not clash with Centre activities. The East Kirkby event is scheduled for mention during forthcoming parish notes at future meetings but we will not be organising a separate MGF Register attendance in addition to the MGCC entry.

Apologies for the late reply to this thread but we have only just returned from a major event in the Channel Islands that we organised.

Plezier

Post by Plezier » Thu May 08, 2014 2:24 pm

It would have been preferable to have done so in person before making derogatory comments on a public forum.
Geoff please point out the "derogatory comments" ?

This section is pretty dead with nothing being added for weeks or months. Despite being at the last meeting I never heard the East Kirkby Rally being mentioned not the fact that the there was an MG presence there. I did not notice a stand last years which was my own first attendance.

Don't you think your taking this a mite hard. I only asked a question as I explained when we first met due to my role I have to plan things in advance so we can arrange cover and local events like this one are easier to arrange this for. Your week end jaunts are fine and well and very much looked forwards too and enjoyed from what I hear but not for me due to my situation and costs that I simply cannot afford. Your last one cost more than "Elsie", the Mk1 VVC, cost to buy.

For myself the forums have been a source of learning and information. If I discover some thing that may be of interest or use I try to share them via the forums. Membership fees also have to be carefully weighed and thought of. Do I buy membership of a club of buy the parts to get/keep a car on the road? Right now the parts are of priority but we are winning that battle ................................. or at least I hope we are.

Unless something happens I hope to make the meeting at The Admiral Nelson.

Geoff and Vicki Edge
Regional Rep
Model of Car: 2000 MGF 1.8i

Post by Geoff and Vicki Edge » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:50 am

To tie up this thread - information about Linc's MGF Register recent resolutions is on a separate topic.

Regarding East Kirkby 2014 - full details of MGCC attendance at the Rover Rally at East Kirkby are available on the Lincolnshire Centre website. As in previous years we will be fully supporting this event.

Plezier

Post by Plezier » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:37 am

Well I took "Elsie" tot eh event and met up with the MGCC there. Saw John but not sign of other familiar faces from The Nelson. Here is "Elsie" on the end of a line at the MGCC area:-

There was a rather nice MG saloon form a bye gone era:-

Plus some really nice MGA's

The weather was bit changeable to say the least but ti was a good day out.

John Simpson

Post by John Simpson » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:19 am

I was there with my MG ZT Tourer, Peter Hermite was with his MGB, John Hebb was with his MG3, Ian & Sue MacKenzie had there ZT V8, David Stonehouse also had his MGB V8 there too.
001.JPG
1983 MG METRO
1997 MGF
2003 MG ZS
2004 MG ZT T

Plezier

Post by Plezier » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:43 am

Hmmm didn't see your ZTT, sorry about that and I don't know the others you mentioned.