Lincolnshire Meet

The Lincolnshire Area, where the sausages come from.

Moderator: Geoff and Vicki Edge

Geoff and Vicki Edge
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere
Model of Car: 2000 MGF 1.8i

Lincolnshire Meet

Post by Geoff and Vicki Edge » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:20 pm

We are currently negotiating with a pub in the Boston area for facilites for a monthly meet. We aim to have the first meeting in March and the date and venue will be posted on this forum very soon. It would help, if you think you can make the first one, if you add a line to that effect on this topic. Look forward to seeing you then :D

Geoff and Vicki Edge
Regional Rep

Re: Lincolnshire Meet

Post by Geoff and Vicki Edge » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:28 am

Further update, the first Lincs MGF Register meet will take place at the Bricklayers Arms, Old Leake on Monday 28th March 2011 from 7.30pm onwards. The Bricklayers Arms is on the right hand side of the A52 north of Boston between the villages of Old Leake and Wrangle. If you are considering coming please post a line to that effect - see you there!

coopermg
Model of Car: 160 Spark

Post by coopermg » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:21 am

Good luck with the meet, it's a bit too far for us on a work day. ( We are from North Lincs on the Humber bank area. )

pegasus
Model of Car: MG TF115

Post by pegasus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi Geoff and Vicki,

Good to see something happening in Lincolnshire. If anything were to be arranged in the area at a weekend when the weather warms up I would look at being there. Good luck with the March meet!

Phil
Grimsby

Geoff and Vicki Edge
Regional Rep

Post by Geoff and Vicki Edge » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Hi there CooperMG and Phil

Thanks for your comments and support! You are right, it is a huge area and we understand that if you are too far away you can't make it, especially with the current fuel uncertainty :( We will keep our readers up to date with things and if there is something going on in the summer then hope you can make it!

We will post a report on this thread about our first meeting - see also http://www.mgcclincolnshire.co.uk as this MGF/TF meeting has been adopted as a major natter by our local MGCC branch. All looking good!

Regards

Geoff and Vicki

Geoff and Vicki Edge
Regional Rep

Post by Geoff and Vicki Edge » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:42 pm

:D A big thank you to everyone who came to the Bricklayers Arms last night and made it such an enjoyable evening! There was an impressive line up of F's and TF's in the car park.......however by the time I stopped chatting long enough to go out and take a photo it was too dark! We are now really looking forward to the next one - which unfortunately falls on Easter Monday so we won't be seeing all of you because of your previous Easter commitments. Also a big thank you to Brian and Catrina at the Bricklayers for their generous donation of raffle prizes - this got the raffle off to a flying start. The plan is for the raffle to self maintain itself over the year and then buy some really nice prizes for the free raffle at the Christmas meal (19th December). See you next month. Geoff and Vicki.

(PS Keith will get back to us with details of that possible visit to Paintshield)

Geoff and Vicki Edge
Regional Rep

Post by Geoff and Vicki Edge » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:51 pm

It would of course help if I mentioned that meets are scheduled for the 4th Monday of each month.......so there is some logic here, honest! ;)

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Good to hear your first natter went well :thumbsu:

Look forward to seeing the write up & pictures in the next edition of FTF.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE