Events

The region for Herts & North London

Moderator: Dave J

purplebargeken
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MGF VVC

Events

Post by purplebargeken » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Please feel free to post details here of any established events that folk know of or indeed, any shiny new events that haven't yet felt the warm glow of MGF'ness.
1965 Volvo 'Amazon', TR7 powered Triumph Toledo, Triumph 1500 FWD and a modern 1.6 Beetle. My name is Ken and I am a caraholic. There is no cure. Thankfully!

purplebargeken

Re: Hertfordshire & North London Meet Up

Post by purplebargeken » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Tomorrow evening will see the first of the hopefully regular H & NL Meet Up's. The venue is The Plough at Crews Hill, in Enfield. The details are already in the General bit of the forum and all are welcome.

Watch this space for a write up and a sprinkling of photo's.

Cheers

Ken
1965 Volvo 'Amazon', TR7 powered Triumph Toledo, Triumph 1500 FWD and a modern 1.6 Beetle. My name is Ken and I am a caraholic. There is no cure. Thankfully!

dwkmgf
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: 01 Steptronic

Re: Events

Post by dwkmgf » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Great evening with friends old and new. Well done Ken for getting the group up and running - only 22 miles from home as well.
Dave
2001 Tahiti Blue Freestyle Steptronic - Racing Vintage Stripes, Racing Vintage Interior, K&N 57i, TT Mk 4 Exhaust, AP Racing Brakes, HEP Braided Brake Hoses

cath's mg
Model of Car: MGF

Post by cath's mg » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks for a good night Ken, I am sure it will be the first of many. :thumbsu:
It was nice to see the Essex guys that turned up, they have some great cars :D , sorry your drive over and back was such a bummer :(
Thanks to the guys for bring Dave the Bear over, im sure Cath will be interrogating him over the next week to get all the gossip about what everyone's been up too :thumbsu: , don't worry guy's Cath has promised not to let all the secrets out online :oops:

Gary :thumbsu:
Cath's car but Gary's plaything :-)

adrianclifford
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi guys, you all have a copy of the Anglia Centre calendar, pop along and join us now and then. Don't forget the London tunnels & bridges is now on the 7th September not as listed. The Chairman's Run out to Flatford Mill will be a lovely day too.

We meet on the first, second and third Thursday's of each month (two are Essex Roadsters events, the middle one is an Anglia Centre meet) don't be strangers.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Great evening, thanks Ken! You even got the warm weather perfect too!

When will the next one be? It's great to get the Shed out and sort out the snagging list. Offside headlamp bulb now added to that list! :lol:

purplebargeken

Post by purplebargeken » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:05 am

Hi guys, sorry for the brief departure there, work and then back related problems took me out of action for a wee while.

Thanks hugely to all those who managed to attend, especially everybody from Essex who made a sterling effort to attend especially after braving the usual M25 snarl up.

It was great to see familiar faces (Gary and Stuart) and to actually put faces and cars to names. I hope that there will be plenty of excuses for mutual meet up's in the future. The cars present were simply fabulous and the company was great. As we exited the car park, one of the patrons shouted over to me with very, very positive comments about the car's. :thumbsu:

I'm very aware that people have work commitments and so on, so I would like to put the arrangements over to the majority as to how often/which day, etc, that people would like to meet up. It's all of our region so to speak, so please let me know. I think the venue was ok, parking was good and the drinks were fine by my standards.

What would people think about having a 'Technical Day' on a regular basis where we get together to iron out any niggles that could realistically be tackled at a domestic garage type level (I realise that there are those amongst us might have more technical expertise that others, eh Rob :thumbsu: )
but I am sure that between us we could fettle to a reasonable level. Thoughts on a postcard (or thread) please.

If there are any other ideas that people might like to float then please do not hesitate to stick 'em on here. The more the merrier.

Cheers

Ken

purplebargeken

Classics on the Green (Croxley Green)

Post by purplebargeken » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:09 pm

This is on two dates:

7th August from 2pm and 15th Sept - Croxley Green, WD3 3HW

I've not been to these but it should be a nice day out. Let me know if you are interested.

purplebargeken

Re: Capel Manor Classic & Vintage Vehicle Show

Post by purplebargeken » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:19 pm

This annual event is taking place on Sunday 8th September from 10am to 5pm. It's a decent but small show with a fair range of cars.

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:05 pm

purplebargeken wrote:

I'm very aware that people have work commitments and so on, so I would like to put the arrangements over to the majority as to how often/which day, etc, that people would like to meet up. It's all of our region so to speak, so please let me know. I think the venue was ok, parking was good and the drinks were fine by my standards.

Cheers

Ken
Hi Ken,
Just to get the idea's flowing, how about the 1st Wednesday of the month at Crews Hill as a starting point, and then adjust regularity as needed?

Would it be possible to send a message to current Herts/North London members (say who have used the site in the last few months), to invite them along?

The tech day sounds like a great idea, would be great if we could find somewhere that has a few facilities (how about your triumph mates), perhaps anyone wanting to attend would be willing to make a donation towards the facilities :o

Gary :thumbsu:

purplebargeken

Post by purplebargeken » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Hiya. The first Weds is not a bad idea. Unfortunately I tend to either have the Mon/Tues or Thurs/Fri off. Weds is good but you'd never see me..... or is that the idea :shutup: :lol:

purplebargeken

Post by purplebargeken » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:25 pm

Isn't there a sort of 'rent a garage' type thing somewhere nearby. I seem to remember something about a place that you can rent by the hour with access to tools and stuff. Wish I could recall the details.

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:35 pm

purplebargeken wrote:Hiya. The first Weds is not a bad idea. Unfortunately I tend to either have the Mon/Tues or Thurs/Fri off. Weds is good but you'd never see me..... or is that the idea :shutup: :lol:
Monday's may be problematic what with Bank holidays, might make the group even smaller :( , same with Friday's and people going away for the weekend :(

Has anyone got a preference for Tues or Thursday's ? Cath and I can make either :)

What are the views on monthly or every other month until the group grows a bit ?

purplebargeken

Post by purplebargeken » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:08 pm

Either day is fab for me. I think every 2 months might be best initially for a few months.

dwkmgf
Model of Car: 01 Steptronic

Post by dwkmgf » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Tuesdays and hold every month. Location for the first meet was great.
Dave
2001 Tahiti Blue Freestyle Steptronic - Racing Vintage Stripes, Racing Vintage Interior, K&N 57i, TT Mk 4 Exhaust, AP Racing Brakes, HEP Braided Brake Hoses

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:54 am

dwkmgf wrote:Tuesdays and hold every month. Location for the first meet was great.
Agree with that!

Happy with the technical idea too :D

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:03 pm

So whens the next one Ken :thumbsu: