Being Broken Amaranth (KMN) MGF

The region for Herts & North London

Moderator: Dave J

cath's mg
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MGF

Being Broken Amaranth (KMN) MGF

Post by cath's mg » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:34 pm

My local breakers have a Amaranth (KMN) MGF being broken.
20140318_153524.jpg
20140318_153540.jpg
20140318_153548.jpg
Last edited by cath's mg on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cath's car but Gary's plaything :-)

cath's mg

Re: Being Broken Amaranth (KMN) MGF

Post by cath's mg » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:36 pm

20140318_153559.jpg
20140318_153612.jpg
20140318_153724.jpg

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:13 pm

20140318_153746.jpg
20140318_153751.jpg
20140318_153808.jpg
If anyone is interested in anything please contact
J.P. (John) at
B & T Salvage
The Old Coach Rd,
Cole Green,
Hertford SG14 2NL
Phone:01707 391333

I realise that this is not local to everyone, so if you want something contact J.P saying you have seen a post by Gary with the MGF, (he has said he would try and sort out a reasonable price).
Agree a price with J.P. and pay for item, I am willing to go and collect/remove what people want within reason. I am not by any means a mechanic.
We can then sort out a way to get the items to you.
All the panels look pretty good except for the offside rear. The Headlights look very clear, but I guess its hard to know until you try them in the dark.
The interior is very clean though it could do with a good conditioning, there is wear on the driver seat bolster that can be seen in the photo. The hood is a Mk2 with no tears that I could see. It hasn't got the rear screen (Iv got it).

This vehicle has nothing what to do with me, and I will not be getting any financial reward whatsoever from the breakers.
I do not want any fee for collecting/removing items.
I will not get involved in any financial arrangements.
If anyone needs things removed/collected just send me a PM.
Hopefully this will help a few people out.
Gary :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

purplebargeken
Model of Car: MGF VVC

Post by purplebargeken » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:50 am

Cheers for posting that Gary. Hopefully they won't crush the car when your back is turned. I've PM'd you about a couple of additional bits :thumbsu:
1965 Volvo 'Amazon', TR7 powered Triumph Toledo, Triumph 1500 FWD and a modern 1.6 Beetle. My name is Ken and I am a caraholic. There is no cure. Thankfully!

stuart
Model of Car: TF160

Post by stuart » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Gary can you nab the petrol cap and key for me?

Just need an original looking one in good nick for MG90- I stripped the paint off mine, polished and laquered it- being fair it looks much better than the original one..I just need an original one for MG90 so as not to offend any MG purists with my outragous modification :D
Stuart

'02 TF 160 - an Original MG Rover Group Press Car...and still lookin' sharp!

Bilstein Shocks, Z&F Remap, B&G Coolant Alarm, Glass Rear Screen, Braided Hoses, Bling-free at the moment...but that'll probably change

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:06 pm

stuart wrote:Gary can you nab the petrol cap and key for me?

Just need an original looking one in good nick for MG90- I stripped the paint off mine, polished and laquered it- being fair it looks much better than the original one..I just need an original one for MG90 so as not to offend any MG purists with my outragous modification :D
Hi Ya Stuart, hope your back is on the mend ;)

Ken has already asked for the Petrol cap, but being as it for MG90 I dare say he wouldn't mind your using it.
I did have a look at it and it could do with a bit of a re-spray. I did Cath's when she first got her car and it looks OK.
Ill get it next time im there and spray it, you can sort it out with Ken for MG 90, or ill spay the one from Project Green.
Whatever way we do it you will have one for the show.
Are you going to keep your car as original after the show or put the shiny bits back?

stuart

Post by stuart » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:33 pm

cath's mg wrote:

Ken has already asked for the Petrol cap, but being as it for MG90 I dare say he wouldn't mind your using it.
I did have a look at it and it could do with a bit of a re-spray. I did Cath's when she first got her car and it looks OK.
Ill get it next time im there and spray it, you can sort it out with Ken for MG 90, or ill spay the one from Project Green.
Are you going to keep your car as original after the show or put the shiny bits back?
cath's mg wrote:

Cheers buddy. Gonna be a slow process with the back- gotta take it easy for a few weeks- cheers for asking.

I'll take a view on putting all the shiney bits back on the car after the show- will definitely put the wooded console and door cappings back on though.

See ya soon mate!
Stuart

Bilstein Shocks, Z&F Remap, B&G Coolant Alarm, Glass Rear Screen, Braided Hoses, Bling-free at the moment...but that'll probably change

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Just got back from picking up a few Odds & Ends from this MGF, while I was there I had a rummage through some paperwork (come on....who wouldn't) and found this
20140319_172006.jpg
20140319_172038.jpg
20140319_172052.jpg
It currently has 64,051 on the clock. I checked the dipstick and the oil looked crystal clear and the coolant in the tank also looked ok.
I do realise this doesn't mean the engine is ok, but if someone was after one it could be worth further investigation.

Gary.

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:07 pm

stuart wrote: Cheers buddy. Gonna be a slow process with the back- gotta take it easy for a few weeks- cheers for asking.
Stuart, Do you think its worth aggravating your back driving to MG90?...........................................I think you should get the train for a bit more comfort :o .................................I am more than happy to drive your car there if it saves you further injury :lol:

Gary :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

stuart

Post by stuart » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 pm

:D

I'll be right as rain in a few weeks mate, at least I blummin well hope so! funnily enough the only time I feel comfortable is behind the wheel- just look a bit of a prat getting in and out of the thing at the mo
Stuart

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:53 pm

stuart wrote::D

I'll be right as rain in a few weeks mate, at least I blummin well hope so! funnily enough the only time I feel comfortable is behind the wheel- just look a bit of a prat getting in and out of the thing at the mo
:cry: well you cant blame a bloke for trying to get a few hours driving that TF of yours 8-)

stuart

Post by stuart » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Shame that engine isn't the more powerful vvc, I could see us all clubbing in and having that as a spare race motor. Someone's obviously lavished a few quid on it ay?
Stuart

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:51 pm

stuart wrote:Shame that engine isn't the more powerful vvc, I could see us all clubbing in and having that as a spare race motor. Someone's obviously lavished a few quid on it ay?
Yes it would have been nice.
I think your right, it has been well looked after. I think it has had a re-spray as there is a little purple paint on the petrol cap, not a lot, just like its been out on when the paint is not quite dry. I think the seats could be refurbished for not a lot of money, they are very clean.
Just a thought....if they don't go to any one here in a few days, how about we see if the track Car Team want to chip in to get them, then flog them on the Bay of flea's to raise some funds?

purplebargeken

Post by purplebargeken » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Stuart, it's yours mate if that is ok with Gary. Not a problem mate.

If anyone has a spare 'dummy' hex bolt then I would give it a new home.

That is a good idea Gary, how much are they asking for them?
1965 Volvo 'Amazon', TR7 powered Triumph Toledo, Triumph 1500 FWD and a modern 1.6 Beetle. My name is Ken and I am a caraholic. There is no cure. Thankfully!

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:04 pm

purplebargeken wrote: If anyone has a spare 'dummy' hex bolt then I would give it a new home.
Got some in the magic box Ken :D

purplebargeken

Post by purplebargeken » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:17 pm

A big yes please on that interior Gary!

Cheers mate.