Let the scavanging begin again

The region for Herts & North London

Moderator: Dave J

cath's mg
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MGF

Let the scavanging begin again

Post by cath's mg » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:47 pm

As most of the regulars at the H & NL monthly meets know I am a bit of a scrap yard addict :shutup: but over the last few moths due to various reasons my three times a week visits have been reduced to NONE :cry:

Not any longer :D

I popped in on the off chance on Thursday and couldn't believe it, an un scavenged 2003 MGTF.

Now please don't get me wrong Cath & I are genuinely upset for the poor people who have lost their beloved F/TF's for whatever reason, but do feel if we can recycle any parts then at least not everything will be turned into baked bean tins. We do not earn any money from the items we salvage, if you take into account the time getting odds and sods and products and time spent cleaning we probably loose money, but HEY HOO.

Why is it someone is always around with a camera phone when your in a embarrassing position :oops:
IMG_2847.JPG
IMG_2848.JPG
Cath says this is my better side :roll:

Well after a 3 hour visit Thursday and a 4 hour visit Friday this is the fruits of my labour
DSC00717.JPG
Not bad considering the only thing I was looking for was a Snorkel air intake box for Master Yoda 8-)

The Stainless under car coolant pipes will be going to Germany with Mykel :thumbsu: , the Rear Screen will be fitted to a spare Soft Top for Master Yoda :thumbsu: ( probably going to go into the black hole he calls a garage, but we know different :twisted: , the Boot Lid is going to Ken for his Project Green :thumbsu: and the Dash with Perfect Binacle is going on Cath's F. I have been looking for a prefect one since Cath got the car :roll:

The seats will be up for sale at some stage, when and if Cath can get them cleaned to a standard she is happy with :roll:

So all in all the scrapped TF has donated parts to 4 other vehicles already.

Gary :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Cath's car but Gary's plaything :-)

Helsbyman
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF V V C

Re: Let the scavanging begin again

Post by Helsbyman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Well done that man :thumbsu:
Bilstein dampers, 4-2-1 manifold, Head work by Sabre,stainless steel under floor pipes, MGMAINA moded alternator bracket,silicon hoses, Torque tamer, JAYLAD servo bracket, Pro race 1.2 wheels
PETROL BY SHELL :D

ColinP
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: TF160 Solar Red

Re: Let the scavanging begin again

Post by ColinP » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:36 am

Great stuff.
Have pm'd you....

8-)