Ideas

The East Midlands, covering Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and the Derby area

Moderator: Committee Members

YOUNG
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: TF Spark

Ideas

Post by YOUNG » Mon May 29, 2017 10:47 am

Could anyone help please. Coming to your area (Alferton, Matlock, Bakewell, Buxton) in our MG's end of July beginning August to look at your beautiful scenic areas. Wondering if well dressing will still be on. Would be grateful for any tips of special places we should visit.

sniperpenguin
MGF Register Region: East Midlands
Model of Car: TF 135

Re: Ideas

Post by sniperpenguin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:52 am

Hi,

Matlock is a beautiful town often visited by bikers and it a goof drive through.

I would look at the specific dates and check on local shows (The capri club is hosting a show in the area around that time, Stratstone host a "Car Park Cafe" monthly morning meet with free teat and coffee and lots of exotic metal) to bump into local enthusiasts.

Feel free to drop me a line too - I can show you some great local roads. If you are on facebook, there is are two region specific groups, called ~"East midlands MG" and "EMMGF - East Midlands MGF/TF" - Jump into either of those and you will get a ton of options / places from locals around the three counties.

Nigel
'53 MGTF 135 Monogram Lagoon
'54 MGTF 115 Monogram Biomorphic (Work in Progress!)
Coloured seatbelts here - http://www.facebook.com/mgbelts

YOUNG
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: TF Spark

Post by YOUNG » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Thankyou for your information I will take advice and look at the area and when we have some dates I will contact you thanks Simon

Chris Tideswell
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: TF 135

Post by Chris Tideswell » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:46 pm

Sadly you will be too late to see the Well Dressing by a few weeks. https://www.visitpeakdistrict.com/whats ... -dressings