My set up

Bass, Treble, CarPuters, adding an after market alarm. It's all in here.

Moderator: Committee Members

daz
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: mg less :(

My set up

Post by daz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Just thought I'd show my set up off, not a massive install by any stretch of the imagination.

All bought from Halfords, much to my shame :oops:

Head unit, fitted this a while ago, like a lot of people I have all my songs & sat nav on my phone so I set about looking for a Bluetooth stereo, I came across something slightly better, well in my opinion anyway, it has a built in phone holder & charger, handsfree calling too. Everything on the stereo can be controlled by the phone whether it's docked or not. The only bad point is I can't listen to the radio while the sat nav is working, unless I disconnect the Bluetooth first, just a small annoyance. I think I paid around £100 for it, they're £69 at the moment. bargain

in music mode
100_7837.JPG
in sat nav mode
100_7845.JPG
Then the door speakers, in went a set of 6.5" 240 watt edge door speakers, a direct replacement for the standard items, along with a set of tweeters (the orange on the tweeters will be painted black when I have 5 minutes) & a crossover cable tied behind the door panel. On offer for £10
100_7839.JPG
Onto the T bar speakers, I didn't want a proper t bar speaker set up, because A: I'm tight & B: I'd have to replace them for better speakers in the future anyway, so another set of edge speakers were fitted, 5.25" this time, this size was a bit tight, but they fitted with a wiggle :D £15, I ran the speakers wires along the inside of the centre console. I used some self adhesive door rubber to fill the gap behind the speaker when fitted, this in black:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tesa-Draught-Ex ... e+d+rubber
100_7840.JPG
All in all, I find it a great sound, obviously not really up there if you're a true audiophile, but more than good enough for me & a vast improvement over the standard set up.

Paiceybaby
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: Mgf tf

Re: My set up

Post by Paiceybaby » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:58 pm

looks good, were the tweeters easy to fit? Mine is a Tf so have the holes already so hoping it's a straight fit.

Sent from my iPaicey using Tapatalk

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:08 pm

daz wrote:Onto the T bar speakers, I didn't want a proper t bar speaker set up, because A: I'm tight & B: I'd have to replace them for better speakers in the future anyway, so another set of edge speakers were fitted, 5.25" this time, this size was a bit tight, but they fitted with a wiggle :D £15, I ran the speakers wires along the inside of the centre console. I used some self adhesive door rubber to fill the gap behind the speaker when fitted, this in black:

100_7840.JPG
Oooo! (I said that out loud then I saw that insulation tape! Hope no one in the office over heard! :lol:) That tape is a great idea to fill the gap between the T-bar curvature and the flat speaker base plate. Genius! :thumbsu:

I'll have to get some now... :)

daz

Post by daz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Paiceybaby wrote:looks good, were the tweeters easy to fit? Mine is a Tf so have the holes already so hoping it's a straight fit.

Sent from my iPaicey using Tapatalk

tweeters were really simple, a 50mm hole if my memory is right, might have been 52mm.

Rob Bell wrote:
daz wrote:Onto the T bar speakers, I didn't want a proper t bar speaker set up, because A: I'm tight & B: I'd have to replace them for better speakers in the future anyway, so another set of edge speakers were fitted, 5.25" this time, this size was a bit tight, but they fitted with a wiggle :D £15, I ran the speakers wires along the inside of the centre console. I used some self adhesive door rubber to fill the gap behind the speaker when fitted, this in black:

100_7840.JPG
Oooo! (I said that out loud then I saw that insulation tape! Hope no one in the office over heard! :lol:) That tape is a great idea to fill the gap between the T-bar curvature and the flat speaker base plate. Genius! :thumbsu:

I'll have to get some now... :)
Had some lying around from a campervan I converted a while a go, the womble in me comes out every now & again :D

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:39 pm

thanks for sharing that with us Daz :thumbsu:

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

stuart
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: TF160

Post by stuart » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Just found this post- good work Daz!

As a minor point and not wishing to appear critical etc, I dunno if it's just the angle the pics were taken at, but I'd be looking at swapping the temp gauge and the clock around- looks like the phone obscures the temp gauge which i reckon is more important than the clock.

Nice install though- looks really good :thumbsu:
Stuart

'02 TF 160 - an Original MG Rover Group Press Car...and still lookin' sharp!

Bilstein Shocks, Z&F Remap, B&G Coolant Alarm, Glass Rear Screen, Braided Hoses, Bling-free at the moment...but that'll probably change

daz

Post by daz » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:17 pm

temp gauge is easier to read there, it should be the other way round, it's even worse now as that head unit has gone & a 7" pop out screen is in it's place so both are obscured :D the screen only comes out when needed though, otherwise it's tucked away.