Door speakers not working

Bass, Treble, CarPuters, adding an after market alarm. It's all in here.

Moderator: Committee Members

Plezier
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF 75th

Re: Door speakers not working

Post by Plezier » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:29 pm

"Blue 33" it seems will need the wiring renewed to the speakers as they cut in and out but when they work all work. They cut out less with the volume up over 20 I suppose more current is being pushed through then and the poor connections don't effect it as much.

Meanwhile have just transferred the steering wheel remote for the stereo from the old all black wheel to the new Cream/Black wheel:-

The steering wheel mounted remote. Martin had this upgraded fitted stereo when he bought her new:-

There is another remote which accesses more of the menus butt hat also requires a new battery. The wheel mounted remote did not work until yesterday evening when a new CR2031 battery was installed in side.

Wonder how many ICE heads have seen such a set up? I certainly never had and remember this in 1997 vintage stuff :D .
Last edited by Plezier on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plezier

Post by Plezier » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 pm

Oh buggerit !!!!!!!!!!!!! went to close the windows and found the steering wheel remote laying on the seat. The strap that holds it had broken. It obviously didn't like being disturbed and cleaned after all these years. So now have to try and find something to hold it in place with.

Plezier

Post by Plezier » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:27 pm

Well it seems that I have entered the 21st century. The project VVC now has a Sony DSX-S-100 stereo unit fitted. this has radio but NO CD as it has the Tune Tray which accepts an iPod or USB device inside the unit. No knowing I picked up a cheap used iPod mini and now have discovered that the Sony is not compatible with the mini. So will have to use USB memory sticks instead. As I am not payin out a small fortune for an iPod classic or touch just to use in the car.

Picked the Sony up for £35................................. iPod mini for £18.

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:17 pm

Plezier wrote:
Cybertec wrote:....Was warming the engine up to do a reset on the TPS and..........
The reset should be done on a cold engine.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

Plezier

Post by Plezier » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:34 am

Thanks for the heads up.

Just an update as the project VVC has become a donor and it pretty well stripped now the Sony unit has now been fitted into the 97 MPi and got all working. Just need to set up the preferences and disable the demo mode. It seems that the Pioneer unit that was in the MPi has succumbed to age and too much pressure on the wiring plug in the back of the unit as it cuts in and out now hence the fitting of the Sony unit.