iPod adapter fitted!!!

Bass, Treble, CarPuters, adding an after market alarm. It's all in here.

Moderator: Committee Members

crussell
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MG TF 80th Anni

iPod adapter fitted!!!

Post by crussell » Sat May 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Ok so in my infinite wisdom and ever changing mind I decided not to fit steering wheel controls to keep the original look but have fitted the iPod adapter which uses the cd autochanger outlet.

Space was tight as always with these cars but extremely satisfying on long journeys now not to have to lose space to CDs everywhere.

Only needed a Philips head screwdriver, torch, flat blade screwdriver and a little patience. Oh, and £30 here's the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTVRVX001-Rov ... 566495aae4

I took the head unit out and connected up the cars speaker cable blocks to the adapter kit and shoved it up high in the recess above where the head unit sits.

There is just enough space (remove passenger footwell access panel first) to feed the cable that connects to the silver box (converter) so that it can sit behind that panel saving more space.

It can be fed through the buttons if you like by the window switches or as I've done, through the ashtray (I am non smoker so it serves no other purpose than to store my emergency petrol cash fund for when I forget my wallet!).

To do this lift up the gear stick surround and feed the wire though. Remove the ashtray and pull through, refit ashtray and hey presto, your done!

As far as I can see only positives installing this. Ye olde worldy fogeys can still play CDs when iPod is disconnected or hve the radio on and when their yoof passengers join them they can play their favourite one direction songs on their ipod, phone, mp3player...(well, hopefully not, mod for an ejection seat anyone??)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Starlight Silver 80th Anniversary TF No. 1229.