Who needs parts!?

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

RSR92
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: MGF 1.8MPi MY2000

Who needs parts!?

Post by RSR92 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:29 am

I have stumbled across a Green R Reg VVC MGF on Ebay that looks like it may go very very cheap.

Is anyone in the Birmingham area? It says it did run but has HGF, so would need to be towed. The only items I really need are the backbox and cat if they are in good condition, and maybe the calipers as mine aren't in the greatest shape.

Is there anyone who would have somewhere to keep the shell as I doubt my dad would be best pleased with it just sat on his drive plus it'd be a lot cheaper to get it towed to somewhere local (or someone local may be able to tow it themselves)

It's got 1 day 6 hours left at time of writing, if you'd be interested then let me know. I'm happy to buy it, so long as it goes as cheap as I'm hoping, as I say I just need a few bits so someone else is welcome to the engine etc for plundering themselves and distributing amongst members in need here!
X-Reg MGF 1.8MPi in LQW: Trophy 160 Airbox, Citroen Washer Jets, Japanparts Dampers, 52mm T/B and Alloy Inlet Manifold
Pending: Replace Cat and B/B, Performance Filter element, Cold air feed from N/s vent

Helsbyman
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF V V C

Re: Who needs parts!?

Post by Helsbyman » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:03 pm

Wrong year for me. I want a cam cover BUT my car is a VVC 2004 and the cover is different to the std 18i cover
Bilstein dampers, 4-2-1 manifold, Head work by Sabre,stainless steel under floor pipes, MGMAINA moded alternator bracket,silicon hoses, Torque tamer, JAYLAD servo bracket, Pro race 1.2 wheels
PETROL BY SHELL :D

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:49 pm

Did you get it? :)

RSR92

Post by RSR92 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:29 pm

I did not as I had nowhere to keep it really :( I'll keep my eyes open though
X-Reg MGF 1.8MPi in LQW: Trophy 160 Airbox, Citroen Washer Jets, Japanparts Dampers, 52mm T/B and Alloy Inlet Manifold
Pending: Replace Cat and B/B, Performance Filter element, Cold air feed from N/s vent

cococola
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Post by cococola » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:29 am

Im from Solihul area and Ive broken 4 so far with more to come and I have quite a few parts.
Mgf steptronic 2000 RIP :cry:
Morris Minor Convertible 1970
Morris Minor Traveller 1970

RSR92

Post by RSR92 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:43 am

Ah that's good to hear not far from me at all in relative terms - I'll drop you a PM with the items I need and fingers crossed you can help me out :D