MG 80th Anniversary MGtf?

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

carlp
MGF Register Region: Midlands

MG 80th Anniversary MGtf?

Post by carlp » Fri May 04, 2012 7:51 pm

I work at a Car auction and thought you may be interested in this:

It has a Black / Red Seating Leather and Suede with a Badge on each seat: 1924 <MG Emblem> 2004 the same Badge appears on the Bootlid. Red Soft Top too. The Steering wheel was black with an Alloy look at the top and bottom.

I will try to get some pics on Monday when at Work again ;)

I see a lot of MGf / Tf Cars coming through, not long ago (before I joined here) there was a Ltd Edition Wedgewood Blue model through, we have also had about 6 Standard models. Sadly a couple of weeks back, I missed an R Plated model 1.8i (not vvc) it went to teh Crushers :( I waas haggling with the Owner of teh Crusher company but someone at the Crusher place crushed it :rant: IT was rough and would have been Spares only, but had full Chrome Pack, Chrome Vents, Mint condition Roof, perfect unmarked wheels etc.

Anyway, this is the Link to teh Car in question:

http://www.sma-group.co.uk/stock-lists/ ... &act=1184g

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: MG 80th Anniversary MGtf?

Post by adrianclifford » Fri May 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi Carl, can you please send me the details (by pm or e mail) of this car as I keep a data base of the anniversary special models and it helps Dave with the Register of all F's and TF's. Please include vin and unique badge number if you can.

Many thanks

Adrian
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

carlp

Post by carlp » Fri May 04, 2012 9:24 pm

adrianclifford wrote:Hi Carl, can you please send me the details (by pm or e mail) of this car as I keep a data base of the anniversary special models and it helps Dave with the Register of all F's and TF's. Please include vin and unique badge number if you can.

Many thanks

Adrian
Hiya.

I will see if I can, I will need to speak with my Boss though ;) Where will the Unique Badge number be? I haven't had a close look yet as I don't work with the Cars so can only get close up during my Breaks.

carlp

Post by carlp » Fri May 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Also, can you tell me about these models? How many where made etc Was there options or was it all a standard kit etc

If I had Cash available I would certainly be having a Bid myself.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri May 04, 2012 9:46 pm

On genuine 80th anniversay cars, there's an enamel badge situated between the seats on the T bar, it will show #.../1600.

They came in three colours..Starlght Silver, Pearl Black and Goodwood Green. The black and silver cars have a black interior (as you have see) the Green has a tan interior with wood finish and a tan hood. All had chrome handles, red four pot AP brake calipers on the front and 11 spoke 80th anniversary alloys.

They came in both engine sizes (1.6 and 1.8) and all power outputs, 115, 120, 135 and 160.

The allocations were reasonably equal, I think off the top of my head 585 in Black, 539 in Silver and 456 in Green.

They were exported all over the world, all are from 2004 of course and they are very collectable as they are a really limited and uniquely numbered edition.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

carlp

Post by carlp » Fri May 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Thanks. This one is a 160 then? Looking at the Sale link.

I really wish I had teh cash for this one, it is beautiful.

My Job has a curse, the curse being I see so many beautiful cars coming through. Only on Thursday this week, we had on the back of a Transporter a beautiful K reg Triumph Stag, I have also seen ( though not to everyones taste) Mint conditions:

B Reg Ford Sierra XR4i
MK1 Early Fiat Panda in Mint condition
1977 Austin Allegro in showroom condition

I try and get photos of all teh "Special" Cars, much to the wonder of my Colleagues lol, they can keep their Audi's and Jag's, Gimme something special anyday :p

One of my Work Colleagues owns a 1964 Rover 2000 and it is completely original, Trim / Panels - Obviously Waer parts are not, but everything else is still "off teh factory" condition ...... Beautiful !!

I have also seen many beautiful MG / Rover cars go to scrap / crush. Only last week a 620i in Showroom condtion went to waste, it was auto, the Box was smoother than peanut butter and it had all teh extras on it too. Broke my Heart to see it leave on a Scrappers wagon :( Many Rover 75's / MG Zt's too. I hope their previous owners are happy with their Tinny Euro Boxes now :evil:

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Sat May 05, 2012 10:49 am

Carl, without going in to too many details, 160's are identifiable by the vin number, the 6th letter will be L, the rev counter will show 7,250 rpm as opposed to 6,750 for all other variants and there would have been a 160 badge alongside the TF on the n/s/r corner (later {2005} models have the 160 in a different location at the bottom of the front wings as the TF badge was relocated to a more central point on the rear).

carlp

Post by carlp » Sat May 05, 2012 8:00 pm

Cheers for teh Info, I will get some photo's on Monday while I am at work, the Car goes in on the Monday sale so will find out what happens regarding Sale.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Sat May 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Thanks for posting Carl :thumbsu:

It's depressing to hear that perfectly good cars are getting crushed because the trade doesn't want them. Perhaps it is worth flagging up MGF/TFs here? Even if someone buys it for spares, at least it'll potentially go to an enthusiast.

Ideally, I need a Rover 75 CDTi Tourer for a spares car, but since I can't even find space to store a spares MGF, what chance a Rover??? But anyway, let us know what comes through! :thumbsu:

When does the TF 80LE go through the auction?

carlp

Post by carlp » Sat May 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi Rob, Should be Monday - We dont get Bank Holidays off :p - If no Sale on Monday then Wednesday.

I cannot post from Work as our Internet is limited - I will try from my Phone should the Car be going through (BH Monday that is)

I would really like to see a Member or at least an enthusiast get this Car as it isn't that bad looking, it does need some cosmetic work (Click View report on the Lot ad to see)

I will happily post here Links, if that is fitting with the Club, I didn't want to breach any rules so haven't done previously. I do post Links on teh 75 Community site for things such as 75's But in 12 Months I have only seen 2 Tourers and they where way to good for Spares. We get a regular amount of Mgf / Tf Models all through our sites from Scotland to teh Midlands.

Is there a specific area you want me to post these vehicles in? I can start a Thread there just for our Auction Cars ( I mean MGf/Tf Models) ;) I do not gain financially from advertising our cars (I get paid for working there though lol)

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Post by Rob Bell » Sun May 06, 2012 10:28 am

Hmm - yes, there is a potential conflict here isn't there Carl :(

On the one hand, I'd love to see all these cars going to enthusiasts in the first instance - the good and the not quite so good (even if sold as projects or spares). On the other, this would be seen as being preferential to one particular commercial interest.

I am not sure how to square that circle - anyone else got any thoughts? I don't suppose you're employer would fancy being a trade sponsor for the club? ;) We offer very reasonable rates :)

carlp

Post by carlp » Sun May 06, 2012 11:20 am

Rob Bell wrote:Hmm - yes, there is a potential conflict here isn't there Carl :(

On the one hand, I'd love to see all these cars going to enthusiasts in the first instance - the good and the not quite so good (even if sold as projects or spares). On the other, this would be seen as being preferential to one particular commercial interest.

I am not sure how to square that circle - anyone else got any thoughts? I don't suppose you're employer would fancy being a trade sponsor for the club? ;) We offer very reasonable rates :)

I could ask them but I doubt a "Yes" would arise from the Question. But you never know without asking, plus it is advertising for them and a possible increase in sales ;)

We do get the MGf range in regular but we are not talking mass sales either, so it may be one or two a week or none at all for a Month, They range from Trade in Vehicles to Spare & Repair (Which is what I bought and it turned out good enough, with enough MOT to enjoy through this Summer)

What is the Cost of a Trade Sponsorship? So I can put it to my Boss :)

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Post by Rob Bell » Sun May 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Worth a shot - here's the advertising rates: http://www.mgfregister.org/node/41

carlp

Post by carlp » Mon May 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi Rob can you message me your Email, I will send you Pictures / Info you wanted ref this ;)

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon May 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Carl you can do this by clicking on the envelope below the user name, that will generate an e mail, the other (PM) is a Personal Message.

Any details on the car (as first mentioned) Carl ?

carlp

Post by carlp » Mon May 07, 2012 8:57 pm

adrianclifford wrote:Carl you can do this by clicking on the envelope below the user name, that will generate an e mail, the other (PM) is a Personal Message.

Any details on the car (as first mentioned) Carl ?

lol, Yes I do Adrian - Sorry I thought it was Rob who asked for the info :oops:

Publicly I can tell you it is number 1053 - The rest I will pm.

I will post a different thread with Pictures as I need to remove the Number Plate from teh images first.

The Car is in fairly good condition.

There is however:

1 Illegally Bald tyre
Nsr Quarter Panel has a Poor repair job where a small patch of paint has run
Front Bumper has 2 spots where lacquer has flaked away
Small / Light scratches to rear ns Quarter panel

Interior has small signs of wear -

Bobbling of suede on Drivers Seat (Not too bad though)
Hand wear on steering wheel
A Small damage mark on the door card on drivers door top edge (possibly a fag burn by the look)

The MoT runs out this Month too, but looking at the Car I think it would pass. Seems Money was being spent on it, there are brand new shiny Brake Discs all round etc.

There is also a Kenwood thingymabob (No idea what it is) in the Boot, I am not sure what (I took picture but it came out slightly blurry)

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Post by Rob Bell » Tue May 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Drop me an email, and I am sure I can upload the images for anyone thinking of attending the auction.

robert dot bell at doctors dot org dot uk :)

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue May 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Thanks Karl, I'll see the data gets to the registrar, if he doesn't read it anyway. By all means the reg by pm is fine with me.

carlp

Post by carlp » Tue May 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Rob Bell wrote:Drop me an email, and I am sure I can upload the images for anyone thinking of attending the auction.

robert dot bell at doctors dot org dot uk :)
Pictures sent. They are not brilliant but clear enough, I only had my Mobile Phone to take pictures.

It went through last nights Auction and didn't sell apparently at £1900 - I am not sure of the normal Value of these Cars. I would point out to anyone interested, teh MOT runs out 15th May. Though looking at it, I cannot see why it wouldn't pass one. But I am no pro on the MGf/Tf range ;)

Will attempt better pictures again tomorrow, I might even be able to wangle some outside pictures, as its hard to get clear pictures in teh Hall (where the car is in the shots)

Rob Bell
Committee Member

Post by Rob Bell » Wed May 09, 2012 10:28 am

Here are the pictures - and now I remember why I like these particular LEs so much :thumbsu:
Photo0502.jpg
Photo0503.jpg
Photo0506.jpg
Photo0507.jpg
Photo0508.jpg
Photo0509.jpg
Photo0514.jpg
Photo0515.jpg
Photo0516.jpg