MGF Centre - dire customer service

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

GazMG
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 1.8i

MGF Centre - dire customer service

Post by GazMG » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know my findings on the MGF Centre.

I've always rated Mike Satur very highly, and having never used the MGF Centre, thought I'd give them a call to confirm some prices on their website. The gentleman on the phone, instead of explaining it was incorrect politely, or apologising, was downright rude and simply rushed me off the phone, stating the price (which was vastly different to what was advertised on the website).

I have been in conversations with them over the last couple of days trying to agree a price and wanted you guys to know the sort of way they seem to treat customers...just so you don't make the same mistake. I'll never use them now. MS all the way from now on, who have always been faultlessly polite and helpful.

Gary

Thread of emails:
---------------------------------------
"From: Gary
Sent: 30 August 2012 17:21
To: MGF Centre
Subject: RE: EBC Greenstuff Discs and Pads, MGF 1.8i

Bill.

You can clearly see that I listed everything that I needed below. Yet another mistake by your company, and instead of apologizing, you reply in a sarcastic manner. I have never dealt with someone who is as careless and rude.
Your attitude through this entire situation has been rude, unprofessional, and downright disgusting.
In most people’s eyes your company plays second fiddle to Mike Satur, and I can completely see how. They are professional, have fantastic customer service, and are a pleasure to deal with. The MGF centre is, unfortunately, none of these.
I suggest you have a serious look at your complaints procedure – and your attitude in general.

Gary.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 30 August 2012 17:17
To: Gary

Hi Gary
As i have quoted he missed out the pads do the sums yourself by adding up the items i have sent my final quote and that is it.
Regards
Bill Bains
Mgfcentre
-------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 30 August 2012 17:08

Hi Bill.
So when I said “Just to confirm £132 is for front discs and pads, shipping to my door and VAT” and he replied “I can bring it down to £130.00 all in delivered??” this has absolutely no bearing? It clearly says it on the emails linked below.
If you scroll down these emails you can clearly see he has offered to sell the products for £130. Why has the quote now risen by over £30?
Gary
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 30 August 2012 17:05

Hi Gary
The cost are as follows
Front disks £84.00 plus vat
Front Pads £40.00 plus vat
Shipping £10.50 plus vat
Total £161.14 inc Vat

The quote from carl is front disks only no pads and that is the final to issue.

Regards
Bill Bains
Mgfcentre
-------------------------------------
Sent: 30 August 2012 15:08

Hi Carl.
If you can do it for £120 then I would be happy to proceed.
Regards

Gary
Sent: 30 August 2012 15:06

Hi Gary
I can bring it down to £130.00 all in delivered??
Regards

Carl Price
MGF Centre
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 30 August 2012 15:00
Subject: Re: EBC Greenstuff Discs and Pads, MGF 1.8i

Hi Carl.

Thanks for that. Is there any further discount that can be applied to this total cost, perhaps a goodwill gesture for the original mistake?
Just to confirm £132 is for front discs and pads, shipping to my door and VAT.
Regards

Gary

Sent from my iPhone
On 30 Aug 2012, at 14:55, MGF Centre wrote:

Hi Gary
£132.00
Regards

Carl Price
MGF Centre
Sent: 30 August 2012 13:56

Hi Carl

Please confirm the total cost of front pads and discs, without rears, including shipping.

Kind regards,

Gary
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 30 August 2012 12:13

Hi Garry
We can supply the fronts at £95 + vat , pads - £40+vat
Rears at £84 +vat , pads - £40+vat
Shipping - £18.00 +vat
Regards

Carl Price
MGF Centre
Sent: 29 August 2012 16:28

Hi Bill
What would be the cost breakdown for the discs and the pads, both including vat and shipping?
Also it may be worth updating your website as they are still listed, incorrectly, at £84.
Regards
Gary
Sent: 29 August 2012 16:17

Hi Gary
I cannot do the front disks as they cost us more than to buy in all items are plus vat and shipping costs which is also vated. The best price i can offer is £95.00 plus vat.
Regards
Bill Bains
Mgfcentre
Sent: 29 August 2012 15:17

Hi Bill.

The screenshot that I sent you says that fronts are £84 and it does not mention that VAT is on top.

I note that your website has since changed, and now says (albeit very faintly) that prices exclude VAT. However the original screenshot I sent you (which was on my original email) clearly shows that, at the time, this was not written on your website.

Please refer back to the original screenshot – attached again for you.
I would like to know where you stand on the matter.

Regards.
Gary
Sent: 29 August 2012 15:14

Hi Gary
As it says from that price is for the rear disks and will be subject to Vat is that part you wish for??
Regards
Bill Bains
Mgfcentre
Sent: 28 August 2012 16:38

Dear Bill.

Thanks for your reply. I had noticed your website had changed.

I would prefer to support a smaller, specialized company like yours than a larger one – however your attitude suggests that this is not what you are looking for.

I am happy to purchase the items at the price they were advertised to me at. Let me know if you will do the good deed of honouring this price for me please.

Kind regards,

Gary
Sent: 28 August 2012 16:31

Hi Gary
The website is new and we have hit many issues’s already and trying to put it right you do have right to take your business elsewhere we can only apologize for the error.
Regards
Bill Bains
Mgfcentre
Sent: 28 August 2012 09:32
Subject: EBC Greenstuff Discs and Pads, MGF 1.8i

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am emailing you in relation to the above enquiry. From the attached screenshots, you can clearly see that the website is advertising the front pads for £40 and the front discs for £84.

I just rang up to order the items, and was told that, firstly, the price is not inclusive of VAT (which is stated absolutely nowhere on your website) and secondly, the discs are actually over £120, again not inclusive of VAT. When I explained that your website stated a price of £84, the gentleman on the phone retorted that “it was just a mistake”.

I do not believe that false advertising is ethically correct whatsoever – if it is a genuine mistake, then it should be corrected immediately (which it is not), and the customer should be offered the chance to purchase the product at the advertised price.

A company like yours, which survives on a very specialized and niche product, works very much on word-of-mouth and reputation. Having heard various differing reports from the owners club and forum I used, I was interested to give you the benefit of the doubt. However I am now contemplating whether I should just take my business elsewhere.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the above.

Yours sincerely,

Gary "

Neil Rushton
MGF Register Region: Lancashire
Model of Car: TF135

Re: MGF Centre - dire customer service

Post by Neil Rushton » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:00 pm

As some consolation think yourself lucky you didn't get Victoria on a bad day!!!!
I've had a bad experience with them & won't use them again but some think the sun shines out of their nether regions???
Kawasaki KLX250
Skoda Citigo 75hp!!!
A share in an English Electric Lightning F6 fighter!!!!

Trainer
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall

Post by Trainer » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:45 pm

OMG How rude are they, unbelievable, they need to go on some customer service training and also some training in 'English spelling, punctuation and grammar’ :thumbsd:

It’s a shame really, my local Xpart Service Centre have always done excellent work on my MG cars and given me excellent customer service, it’s a family run business that used to be an MGR Dealer. I recently popped in to buy some parts, one of the Mechanics the Son of the owner decided to have a huge 20 minute argument with his Mother on service reception, the foul language used at full blast was disgusting and the fact that I was stood there with Bee having to listen didn’t seem to bother them. Even though they do a good job it has put me off ever going back there, I’d rather pay slightly more at another Xpart Service Centre.

Steve
Last edited by Trainer on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve and Bee
Torbay.

MaddAussie
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF160

Post by MaddAussie » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:54 pm

I've had issues with them in the past and wouldn't touch them with someone else's barge pole.

Also I think there is a new HMRC directive saying that if you sell to the public you must show your prices inc VAT
TF160 - Bilstiens, Mike Satur 4-2-1, Sports Cat, Quad Daytona, Z and F Tuning Phase 2 Remap showing 177Bhp @ Janspeed RR day and a Big Grin :D (oh and a glass rear screen and bits of shiny stuff) 85th suspension bits to fit!

MaddAussie

Post by MaddAussie » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:04 pm

Yep I was right, its been in-force since 2010 so no excuses

Valued Added Tax (VAT)
(i) Price indications to consumers
2.2.9 All price indications you give to consumers, by whatever means, should include VAT. This total price must be displayed prominently so that consumers can see it.
Taken from this document
http://www.bis.gov.uk/assets/biscore/co ... raders.pdf

might be worth speaking to trading standards Gaz

M
TF160 - Bilstiens, Mike Satur 4-2-1, Sports Cat, Quad Daytona, Z and F Tuning Phase 2 Remap showing 177Bhp @ Janspeed RR day and a Big Grin :D (oh and a glass rear screen and bits of shiny stuff) 85th suspension bits to fit!

GazMG

Post by GazMG » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Thanks guys for the advice and backing up. I wondered if some might slate me on here - but the entire way through he is both unintelligible and very rude. Thanks MaddAussie - don't know if they have covered their own nether regions though as on their T's and C's it mentions very discreetly about prices including VAT.

If I stop another few people buying from this rude, unprofessional and shoddy company then good.

A mate tonight at the pub summed it up quite well, I mentioned to him previous excellent customer service from MS, and he retorted "well seeing as your car is an enthusiast's car, you expect that one to one customer service" ...he's right, and definitely not what the MGF Centre seem to be offering.

Neil Rushton

Post by Neil Rushton » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:41 pm

I think that the MGF Centre have got a little bit to big for their boots these days to be honest not turning up at shows they were down as attending etc?
Kawasaki KLX250
Skoda Citigo 75hp!!!

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:09 pm

Interesting looking at their new website tonight that they have done a near direct copy of ours/Rob Bells model history without any reference to where they got the information from. Obviously their Copyright © 2012, MGF Centre Ltd is to be ignored like they have ignored ours © 2012 The MGF Register!
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

MaddAussie

Post by MaddAussie » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:33 am

Gaz if they are selling to the public they MUST show prices inclusive of vat.

Rich in Vancouver
MGF Register Region: Canada

Post by Rich in Vancouver » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:31 am

Because I live half way around the world I all my MGF parts shopping is by mail order. I have done a lot of mail order business with both Rimmers and Mike Satur and have been very happy with the service of both. Mike has gone out of his way to personally confirm that the parts on my order are what I really need. Rimmers doesn`t have the same small business personal touch but they are very efficient and of course have the best online catalog in the business. I have also done multiple orders with B&G and Moto-Build Racing. Customer service has been a bit more hit and miss with them but for the most part I have been happy in the end. I will not deal with PTP-period.
As for the MGF Centre, I don`t deal with them as their web site seems horrendously outdated. Basically just highlights, and the catalog I received by mail was very out of date. As I have an 8 hour time difference from the UK I prefer to deal by computer than phone so this makes it difficult for me. With competitors like MS and Rimmer they will have to clean up their act or they will see their business fade.

GazMG

Post by GazMG » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:21 am

Thanks for the responses guys. I have to say, as others have said, that Rimmers, and MS both have faultless customer service. Defintely too big for their boots. Lovely response from him here following my last email (and my response to it):

How would you justifiably expect me to see that you had a problem with your website? How am I meant to know your correct pricing?
Finally, I can only assume your English skills are rather lacking. Could I suggest that before composing an email, you learn how to form sentences with correct punctuation and grammar. It reflects very poorly on your company.
I have certainly not found you to be understanding throughout any of this. A good tip in business is to look back at your emails and see how you would feel if you received that as a customer. Would you be happy to be spoken to like that?

Regards,

Gary
Sent: 31 August 2012 10:15
To: Gary Berendt

Hi Gary
You will find I am a understanding person but only to customers who are fair you clearly saw we had a problem with the website and tried your hardest to use that to your benefit , I stay clear of customers like that and am happy for you to deal with Mike Satur as wish you the best!!.
Regards
Bill Bains
Mgfcentre
01902 453100

Neil Rushton

Post by Neil Rushton » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:12 am

I couldn't get any satisfaction out of them during the hoops email & phone saga I had with them so I went to their stall at the show at Gaydon & they were totally different face to face but I must admit I avoided Victoria & sought out Bill as we all know you can't argue with a woman!!!!!!
Kawasaki KLX250
Skoda Citigo 75hp!!!

GazMG

Post by GazMG » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:33 pm

Having had further replies from them they are quite frankly disgraceful.

BooBoo
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF TF135

Post by BooBoo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Wow , I'm stunned as it doesnt sound like the same company :o . My experience with them couldn't have been more different in that I found them to be very helpful and an absolute pleasure to deal with. I found there was good communication on the work being carried out and they were great at sourcing good used parts to fit to my car where required at very reasonable rates. On this basis I'm happy to keep using them, but as with everything in life its all down to individual choice .
2003 TF135 "typhoon" ...a work in progress
Also owner of a V8 4.7 Grand Cherokee , vive la difference :-)

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:18 pm

As many will know my experiences with the MGF Centre have been shocking but, as being an MGF Register committee member for six years I bit my tongue as I didn't want my personal issues reflecting on the Register or the MGCC. However now I'm free of restraint I can only support those words already passed.

In 2005 my F went to the MGF Centre for a set of lowering pins to be fitted, a long journey from Essex in heavy rain and traffic. I was thirty minutes late in arriving, I was told to be there at 09.00, and I was moaned at by Victoria for the whole time I was there. I tried to look through the window at my car having the work done but I was told I was not to go in the workshop and to remain in the waiting area. On the way home the car did not feel right but as it was lowered I guessed that it would take a little time to get used to the new handling. A short while after my tyres were wearing bad and the car was taken to Brown & Gammons were it was found that the front pins had not been changed but cut down and, even worse, a broken piece that had been left behind was removed, after that and two new tyres, all was well. I complained to Victoria about this and it was denied vehemently.

At Stoneleigh 2007 I was attracted by a shiny Piper 4-2-1 manifold for the F so I bought it part cash part card and then had to pay postage as the one on display was the show one, which I couldn't have. When the new one was delivered it didn't fit (the manifold studs did not line up and there were no heatshields). I called Victoria and I couldn't believe the abuse I received, she said she had personally fitted "loads of these with no problems" so obviously I didn't know what I was doing, in fact I too had fitted a couple along with Andy Phillips so I was confident. Andy called round and couldn't make it fit, Steve Tyler of British Legends called round and confirmed it would not fit so it was back on the phone to receive another verbal assault (I felt like a naughty schoolboy being castigated by the teacher). I offered to send pictures of the problem areas to be told "I'm sure you can". At this stage we came to an impass as I did not want the manifold and she didn't want it back. I refused to pay postage for another to be sent as I would have to send the original back unmarked at my expense. I explained there was no option but to take legal advice and I would be claiming for everything including loss of the car. I would also take the matter to the MGCC/MGOC and seek their advice, the reply was "do as you please" and the phone call promptly ended. I spoke to the local Trading Standards who gave me a large amount of advice and a registered letter was sent. The car's original exhaust was replaced and, after some time I received a letter telling me to return the exhaust (at my expense in the original box and condition) and it would be inspected by the MGF Centre. A week or so later a cheque was sent to me for the amount I had paid but, the remaining, as I paid some in cash would have to be paid back in cash, so I would have to drive all of the way from Essex to Wolverhampton a task I was not going to do to give Victoria the pleasure so I picked up the phone again and went through another round of hysterics from her, now I'm a patient sort of person and she had my money but wouldn't budge, I suggested it would not look good on her company if this went around the MG Clubs and enthusiasts but it made no difference. By coincidence Dave Morris of (then) swmgf was going to the MGF Centre the following day and he offered to talk to Victoria about me and the damage it could cause the MGF Centre and lo and behold she agreed to send a cheque for the balance. What an experience that was (thanks again Dave :thumbsu: ) never again, never.

The following week I fitted a Mike Satur 4-2-1 manifold with heatshields and no problems, so the fault did not lay within the car or the fitting proceedure.

I could not warn people off as a committee member but I would only recommend other companies that have produced good service so for that matter I will also praise Mike Satur and Brown & Gammons as excellent in service, delivery and parts quality.
Last edited by adrianclifford on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

sniperpenguin
MGF Register Region: East Midlands
Model of Car: TF 135

Post by sniperpenguin » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:30 pm

I can only re-iterate the words spoken here.

Every time Ive come into contact with the MGF Centre in the a business sense, Ive been met with a confidence borderlining on he arrogant.
'53 MGTF 135 Monogram Lagoon
'54 MGTF 115 Monogram Biomorphic (Work in Progress!)
Coloured seatbelts here - http://www.facebook.com/mgbelts

Ryan
MGF Register Region: Canada
Model of Car: MGF VVC

Post by Ryan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:39 pm

:( Disheartening to read all this as I was planning (at some stage in the future) to get one of their leather dashboards & a few other bits.

I'll not be giving them my money if this is how they treat owners & enthusiasts. You'd wonder how they stay in business...

adrianclifford
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:35 pm

Ryan wrote::( Disheartening to read all this as I was planning (at some stage in the future) to get one of their leather dashboards & a few other bits.

I'll not be giving them my money if this is how they treat owners & enthusiasts. You'd wonder how they stay in business...
Possibly because people are attracted by their web-site and catchy company title (and they are not visitors to this forum).
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Tony W
Model of Car: ZT 160 CDTi & ZT 190

Post by Tony W » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:04 pm

I've only spoken to them once on the phone and they were not very helpful and were infact quite rude, as a result I bought deom Mike Satur who were very helpful and friendly.
'53 MG ZT190 Royal Blue - Current
'03 MG TF135 Royal Blue - Current
'02 MG TF135 Trophy Blue - Current - FOR SALE
'97 MGF MPi BRG - 2011-2012 RIP
'98 MGF MPi Taihiti Blue - 2005-2011
'99 MGF VVC Platinum Silver - 2005-2009

Trainer
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall

Post by Trainer » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:05 pm

GazMG wrote: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 31 August 2012 10:15
To: Gary Berendt

Hi Gary
You will find I am a understanding person but only to customers who are fair you clearly saw we had a problem with the website and tried your hardest to use that to your benefit , I stay clear of customers like that and am happy for you to deal with Mike Satur as wish you the best!!.
Regards
Bill Bains
Mgfcentre
01902 453100
Uuum, I see he still can’t put a sentence together :D Idiot!, I wouldn't give him the time of day, its no wonder British businesses are struggling if this is typical of the customer service they give.

I've dealt with MGOC for parts, Rimmer Bros, Sussex Classic Cars and Browm and Gammon couldn't fault any of them with there customer service :thumbsu:

Steve
Steve and Bee
Torbay.