Dave the Bear wants to travel.....

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: Dave the Bear wants to travel.....

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:44 pm

That's OK then. Can we get him handed over on the TBT and on to Mike as above ?
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

John W
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MGTF 80th Anniversar

Post by John W » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:01 pm

Well I never! 'Dave's' at it again taking the limelight!...2/3rds of a page in this months MGCC 'Safety Fast' as the MGF Register Guest Columnist..what a write up! poor Tim did'nt get a look in..well done to everyone who 'Dave' has mentioned..and more I have noticed that the amount Dave the Bear and his helpers have raised so far is now..........£595+Git Aid :thumbsu:
MG 80th Anniversary TF 1420 of 1600, Colour Starlight Silver

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:54 am

John, Dave will be at the TBT event tomorrow can you work out where he needs to go next ie. who takes him home and where he then goes. If he's free I can take him to Germany again when we go over for the Neiderrhein Tour in two weeks.

There's some more pictures to come as he did get arrested in Southend, hopefully they'll appear soon on the forum.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Martin C
Model of Car: Mk. 1 1999 VVC

Post by Martin C » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Hi John,

Due to a change in circumstances, work, I will not be able to collect Dave at Silverstone on Monday 30th, also because of work committments for October I wouldn't be able to pass him on to the next in line.

So I will have to give up on giving Dave a trip round New forest sights, not a problem though I'm pleased to have donated and supported this great cause, well done John and all involved.
Cheers,
Martin
MGs-on-Track - Committee member
1972 Zircon Blue Rover P6 3500S 131bhp
1999 Morrelo - MG F VVC 150+bhp
2003 Nightfire Red - MG ZS 120+ 118bhp
As Wolfie should have said = "X-Power to the people!"

John W

Post by John W » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:21 am

Martin C wrote:Hi John,

Due to a change in circumstances, work, I will not be able to collect Dave at Silverstone on Monday 30th, also because of work committments for October I wouldn't be able to pass him on to the next in line.

So I will have to give up on giving Dave a trip round New forest sights, not a problem though I'm pleased to have donated and supported this great cause, well done John and all involved.
Sorry to hear that Martin..
Last edited by John W on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:01 am

As he is sitting here in sunny Essex I guess I'll co-ordinate his activities. He will be off to Germany again on Friday for the Neiderrhein Tour, they seem to like him over there so I'm sure he'll raise a good amount of Euros bagging rides and making cameo appearances. Who wants him on our return ?

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:41 pm

Good to see that Dave is still travelling well.

Please note, only individual donations by UK tax payers can claim the Gift Aid for the charity via the Just Giving page.

Any general collections or raffles at events in the UK or especially outside the UK are NOT valid for Gift Aid, so the charity can NOT claim the Gift Aid.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

phizzphotography
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF

Post by phizzphotography » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:00 pm

If he needs collection from Silverstone on 30th I can do that. Can visit kimber house with me. Can also drop him off within an hour or so of Oxford if needed:grin:

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
2001 MGF 1.8i In Silver (Princess). Saving quietly without telling the wife for a Trophy Blue :)

Mike H
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: 2010 MGTF135

Post by Mike H » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:54 pm

phizzphotography wrote:If he needs collection from Silverstone on 30th I can do that. Can visit kimber house with me. Can also drop him off within an hour or so of Oxford if needed:grin:
There's been a change of plan over the next couple of weeks due to logistics issues, and Dave is now going on the Neiderrhein Tour in Germany with Adrian next weekend rather than Angouleme with us. Because of this he won't be with me at Silverstone on 30th, so any subsequent travel plans need to be discussed with Dave via Adrian ;)
Audi TTS owner
Former MGTF 135 owner
Former TF 160 Sprint owner
Former ZS180 owner
Former MGF owner

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:51 pm

Keith Williams wrote:Good to see that Dave is still travelling well.

Please note, only individual donations by UK tax payers can claim the Gift Aid for the charity via the Just Giving page.

Any general collections or raffles at events in the UK or especially outside the UK are NOT valid for Gift Aid, so the charity can NOT claim the Gift Aid.

Yes, I remember this from the Neiderrhein Tour last year Keith, how should I send the money to MacMillan ?, I shall, as last year, convert it to Pounds.

Who is taking Dave next ?, he will be in Essex from Tuesday 24th September.

Our next tour where Dave can raise money is the Christmas Euro tour to Cologne in early December, has anybody else got a better use for him ?.

Keith Williams

Post by Keith Williams » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:49 pm

adrianclifford wrote:
Keith Williams wrote:Good to see that Dave is still travelling well.

Yes, I remember this from the Neiderrhein Tour last year Keith, how should I send the money to MacMillan ?, I shall, as last year, convert it to Pounds.
Any money donated can still be paid in via our Just Giving page but just dont tick the box to claim for the Gift Aid.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:58 pm

OK Keith, thanks for the reply.

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

Post by TimM » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:01 pm

What has Dave been up to Lately ?

Has he forgotten his camera on his latest adventures ?

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:05 am

He hasn't Tim, he's waiting for his next adventure.

I have offered to be liaison for his activities but nobody has asked for him. We're keeping busy but at this time of year it's mostly local activities. Maybe he could appear at the Classic Car Show at the NEC next month.

TimM
Committee Member & Regional Rep
Model of Car: MGF VVC MY2000

Post by TimM » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:51 pm

I wonder if he could come to us for Nov 3rd, the Winter Warmer ? If DaveT brings him to the Committee meeting on the 2nd I could take him back then hand him to Keith on the 9th at the Council Meeting ready to go to the NEC ?

Tim Morris
President MGCC MGF Register
FasTForward Editor; Safety Fast columnist; South East Regional Representative

2000 MGF VVC ; 1981 MGBGT LE; 2006 MG ZR

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:57 pm

No probs my end Tim. Dave's in Cyprus at the moment, we'll liaise when he gets back next week.

Keith Williams

Post by Keith Williams » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:22 pm

If Dave makes it to the NEC, some one will need to arrange to collect him on the Sunday to move him on.

John W

Post by John W » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:53 am

A big thank you to everyone who looked after 'Dave' in 2013, and helped raise money for the Macmillan Cancer Support, NOW the big question IS....what will he do in 2014? answers to Adrian Clifford, as I am not sure where Dave is at this moment.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Dave is sitting here eyeing up our new Husky, they seem to get along OK.

He's waiting for new 2014 adventures but I'm aware we may have a different charity for next year but I don't think that will worry him.

nismo
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135 LE500 #264

Post by nismo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:29 pm

I have been asked by a couple of old school chums of Dave's if I would post on there behalf.

" Hello old chap still raising money for charity, Jolly good show what!.
If you make it up to Liverpool drop in and have a beer Rodney and Nick"
Attachments
113.JPG
Last edited by nismo on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The older I get the faster I was.