Dave the Bear wants to travel.....

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: Dave the Bear wants to travel.....

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Give him to me at MGLive, we can take him on a Suffolk Tour with the Anglia Centre next weekend (23rd) then he's off to the Tour de Lux (does he have a passport ?) the next weekend, there he can pass to Steffi or we bring him home on Tuesday.

The next Euro run will be Antwerp on July 20th/21st.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

John W
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MGTF 80th Anniversar

Post by John W » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:20 pm

adrianclifford wrote:Give him to me at MGLive,
Hi Adrian, Hari will hand 'Dave the Bear' over to you in the Russ Swift arena on saturday!
MG 80th Anniversary TF 1420 of 1600, Colour Starlight Silver

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Hari did indeed hand Dave over, here he is in the arena during a Russ Swift break :

Sorry it's such a small picture but they were Facebooked to me and that's the biggest I can get, Martin, can you send me one full size please ?
Last edited by adrianclifford on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:33 pm

After removing the Pirelli rubber from his fur, he managed to bag a place on the knee of MGCC Chairman Bill Silcock, I can't tell you how long it took Bill to get up after :lol: :

Looking further afield, he found something he really liked...a ride to Aviemore in Scotland ? :

So far this week he's been all over Essex with me at work, he's seen the Southend Pier, Clacton on Sea, Walton on the Naze, Felixstowe Docks and more.

tim-mgf
MGF Register Region: South East

Post by tim-mgf » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Dave the Bear is more than welcome to come on our Martini MGF adventure through Europe if he's free between the 4th and 10th of July.
France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, France again, Monaco, Spain, Andorra, France again! and then back to Rayleigh.
Does he have his own wig and moustache ?

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:26 pm

He's been to work everyday this week, the only highlight was Bradwell power station today (now being converted from nuclear to wind :thumbsu: ).

Last night he sat on a few laps at the Essex Roadsters pub meet at the Halfway House (picture to follow).

He'll carry on travelling next week until Friday when he's up early to go to Luxembourg with us on the Tour de Lux.

That's fine by me Tim, we can meet up somewhere for the hand-over so he can go with you on your journey.

Can I have him back by the 20th so I can take him to the MGCC Antwerp's 35th anniversary event ?, can you log his adventure and take pictures ?

John W

Post by John W » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:28 pm

adrianclifford wrote: Can I have him back by the 20th so I can take him to the MGCC Antwerp's 35th anniversary event ?, can you log his adventure and take pictures ?
Hi Adrian, He will be also needed by the SE region on the 30th June for the 10th Anniversary Picnic at Bodiam castle, Kent just need someone to bring him down, and willing to make a donation for the pleasure of 'Daves' company :roll:

Gary & Cath (CathsMG) also need 'Dave' for his weeks holiday on the Norfolk Broads on the 26th July, they live in the Broxbourne area, Hertfordshire

and again as MartinC has already made his donation for 'Dave the Bear'..
19-09-13 Cotswolds to Angouleme Historic racing with Mike & Manda(Mike H)
24-09-13 Angouleme to Cotswolds with Mike & Manda (Mike H)
29-09-13 for 30th Silverstone MG's On Track Grans Prix track day with Martin C & Mike H
30-09-13 Silverstone to New Forest with Martin C
Thanks for all you help :thumbsu:

tim-mgf

Post by tim-mgf » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Adrian.
Yes, of course we'll log his adventure and post pics. We've bought his t-shirt, sorted his wig and moustache and sunglasses too. He'll be part of the Martini gang.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:09 pm

He's bagged a ride to the EEOTY in Aviemore, Michael & Marion will take him so we need him here in Essex before that, who's got him before then ?

30th June :o , better hurry then, I'll be off to the Tour de Lux on the 28th until 1st July.

tim-mgf

Post by tim-mgf » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:05 am

If Dave is to come with us, we really need him Tuesday 2nd or Wednesday 3rd July. If you still have him Adrian, I can meet you half way as it is a distance of nearly 1 whole mile between us.
Does his coat come off, it might be hot where we're going !

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:28 am

Hi Tim, sorry I've been a bit busy today. Can you send me your address or phone number and I can drop him round, yes his coat does come off :lol: .

I'll put pictures up later, he met lots of new friends on his visit to the Tour de Lux.

He had a nice ride round Suffolk too on the Anglia Centre's mid summer run.

tim-mgf

Post by tim-mgf » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Adrian, message sent.
If his coat comes off, I'll print his Martini t-shirt in readiness. We've got him some cool aviator sunglasses too :-)
Tim

John W

Post by John W » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Thanks Guy's, :thumbsu: look forward to Adrians photos and of course yours when taken Tim, Dave will look 'cool' in a 'martini' Tee shirt,, Tim please can you keep in touch with Gary and Cath (cathsMG) as they have booked a holiday for 'Dave' on the 26th July to the Norfolk Broads, we need to get him to the Broxbourne area for them...regards john w

tim-mgf

Post by tim-mgf » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:29 pm

John, not a problem to get him to Gary and Cath on our return. We are having a 5 page feature of our rally exploits in the September issue of MG Enthusiast magazine, so I reckon Dave will get in a few pictures for that too. We've just been sent the proof of the August issue, we've got a 3 page feature on our rally prep coming out in about 2 weeks... and the magazine are making a sizeable donation to our chosen rally Charity. We will donate to 'Daves' charity too, a fiver for each country we take him to.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Tim, drop him back to me and we'll take him to Antwerp on the 20th July for the 35th anniversary event of the MGCC Antwerp. I'll arrange with Gary and Cath for the handover to them between the 21st and the 26th, I've never met them so we could have a beer together.

cath's mg
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MGF

Post by cath's mg » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:45 pm

adrianclifford wrote:Tim, drop him back to me and we'll take him to Antwerp on the 20th July for the 35th anniversary event of the MGCC Antwerp. I'll arrange with Gary and Cath for the handover to them between the 21st and the 26th, I've never met them so we could have a beer together.
Hello Adrian,

Collecting Dave from either Tim or yourself is OK, neither of you are that far from us :)

I think we may have met briefly at a car show in Billericay or Basildon last year (Cath thinks it was either June, July or august), I remember we parked in a school car park :? .

The 21st would be good for us if we are colleting from you or 20th-21st from Tim.

Have a good trip.

Gary & Cath :thumbsu:
Cath's car but Gary's plaything :-)

tim-mgf

Post by tim-mgf » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:16 pm

We have taken custody of Dave and he's been "Martini'd" up.
New barnet, shades, t-shirt and passport.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372885776.654026.jpg
Should be 10 countries in the next week or so. I hope he can handle his beer and not embarrass us. We'll donate a fiver for every country so he'd better be keeping track.
We will be adding pictures to our twitter account if anyone wants to take a look
@MartiniMGF
We are also raising money ourselves on the trip for a local childrens hospice if anyone has a spare pound to donate
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372885951.814184.jpg
We'll bring him back in one piece with lots of exciting tales to tell.
Wish us luck !
Tim, Kev, Nick & Rob
Teams 'British Legends'

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Well done guys, good luck and have a great trip.

I'm also pleased to know that Steve Tyler has done the car prep, well done Steve :thumbsu:

John W

Post by John W » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi Guy's, good luck with the travels, and I truly hope you raise 'martini bottles full of coins' if there any spare we could do with some for the macmillan cancer support, hope you do not mind but I have down loaded 'Dave' to show Joan Bell (92 yrs old) who donated him in memory of her late husband 'David Bell', Joan is following his adventures with great interest.

tim-mgf

Post by tim-mgf » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:45 pm

In Lille, will post pictures of Dave once the rally starts tomorrow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372977912.178580.jpg