Can you get this in chrome ?

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

C_mgf
MGF Register Region: South East

Can you get this in chrome ?

Post by C_mgf » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi can you get The under bonnet space black plastic cover In chrome and where can you get it from if you can get it ? thanks curtis
click here >>>http://www.youtube.com/mgfgeezer to view my youtube videos don't forget to subscribe! also check out my website www.mgf29.weebly.com

floozy
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF&80thTF160

Re: Can you get this in chrome ?

Post by floozy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:01 pm

I cant help with this one as Ive not seen one in chrome (but then I wasnt looking) - but if they dont you could always try the hobby craft spray paints (available in most DIY stores) - they do do a 'chrome' which looks okay on cardboard - not sure if it will work on plastic so you may need to do a test piece.

That way, if it looks too much chrome, you havent spent a fortune getting a chrome one ;)

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:21 pm

It would be one heavy lump of metal that was rigid enough to take chrome plating and a bit OTT IMHO, how about thin steel colour coded to match your car.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

Rich in Vancouver
MGF Register Region: Canada

Post by Rich in Vancouver » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:42 am

You could always try chrome effect vinyl wrap.