epas

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

rangerover
MGF Register Region: South East

epas

Post by rangerover » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:04 pm

hi all, jobs done today, epas torque steer reset, not a hard job but tight to get hands in. fitted new reversing light switch easy job. keep you posted what i will be doing next ;)

Ian
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: MGF VVC

Re: epas

Post by Ian » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:45 am

yes you have to be a bit of a houdini to get to the sensor on the column ! especially difficult with those torx security screws. but once done I don't get that slight "kick" of the steering wheel once the epas starts up. it was mentioned on a previous MOT, so was time to sort it. I used a 5volt power supply and a digital multimeter to balance it back to zero volts with steering wheel at rest. Best way to gain access to the sensor is to lie on your back head in the footwell with the two bolts removed from the fuse box. gives move room when fuse box lowered as much as poss. i also removed the door to the fuse box, just two screws to loosen. I think I am warmed up for a yoga class now .

Rob Bell
Committee Member
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:54 pm

Good work! :D glad it's all sorted :)

robbie1003
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire
Model of Car: mgf 1.8mpi mk2

Post by robbie1003 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:20 pm

did mine yesterday, easy, no standing on my head thankfully. fuse box lid removed gives space and took off the bracket that hold fuse box in place to help with room to move. had tamper proof torx bit that fitted which makes it easyer, dint use a multimeter as I did it by feel by feeling resistance from steering wheel off centre and moveing sensor. nice run today and it works perfectly.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:20 am

I think this is a much better method of correcting the problem than buying a complete new steering column!

robbie1003
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire
Model of Car: mgf 1.8mpi mk2

Post by robbie1003 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:24 am

Rob Bell wrote:I think this is a much better method of correcting the problem than buying a complete new steering column!
As a yorkshireman I would allso add its a free fix so is just down my street.