F1 Last Race 2007

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Re: F1 Last Race 2007

Post by colintf » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:57 pm

spot on there Hollie!!

8-)

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Patrick
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere
Model of Car: Jaguar I Pace

Post by Patrick » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:21 pm

What is all this defeatist tosh that we have nothing? Our little island is still either the 4th or 5th richest country in the world. We have engineering skills that are second to none as is proved by the number of F1 teams based in the UK and the number of Indy cars made here. No one wants to compete with the Indians and Chinese on costs so most of the mass production has gone to those who will be more grateful for the work. A bit sad but we have an excellent standard of living to comfort us as well as full employment and a money making machine in London.

If it wasn't so bloody mavellous why does everyone travel across Euope to get to our bit?

nellyandjoo
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Post by nellyandjoo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:32 pm

Patrick wrote:What is all this defeatist tosh that we have nothing? Our little island is still either the 4th or 5th richest country in the world. We have engineering skills that are second to none as is proved by the number of F1 teams based in the UK and the number of Indy cars made here. No one wants to compete with the Indians and Chinese on costs so most of the mass production has gone to those who will be more grateful for the work. A bit sad but we have an excellent standard of living to comfort us as well as full employment and a money making machine in London.

If it wasn't so bloody mavellous why does everyone travel across Euope to get to our bit?
Probably because of all the benefit's given to them by the government when they get here! :x But we don't really want to go down that road, do we!!!!!!!!!
Mid Life Crisis

HollieTF
Model of Car: TF135,StreetwiseSETD

Post by HollieTF » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:47 pm

My thoughts exactly dad!! :)
Life's too short not to!!!

dwkmgf
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: 01 Steptronic

Post by dwkmgf » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:09 pm

Principally for nellyandjoo & hollie TF

I am patriotic to the core. I support England in all the sports you named - and all the ones you didn't.

I served my Queen and country around world and wore my uniform with pride and stood tall. I continue to serve the public of this great nation as a public sector employee. Please do not question my patriotism without knowing me. :x

And just for information - my MG is just British - having been built in 2001. Those F's built from launch until may 2000 could be said to be German, and the new ones are Chinese. So much for the F being a great British Sports Car :D :D But hey - I am just spliting hairs. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Dave
2001 Tahiti Blue Freestyle Steptronic - Racing Vintage Stripes, Racing Vintage Interior, K&N 57i, TT Mk 4 Exhaust, AP Racing Brakes, HEP Braided Brake Hoses

nellyandjoo

Post by nellyandjoo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:46 pm

I think we had better agree to disagree about F1. The patriotism bit was meant in fun, didn't mean to offend.
Mid Life Crisis

Patrick
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere
Model of Car: Jaguar I Pace

Post by Patrick » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:36 am

nellyandjoo wrote:
Probably because of all the benefit's given to them by the government when they get here! :x But we don't really want to go down that road, do we!!!!!!!!!
Not a Daily Mail reader by chance?

James Curgenven
Model of Car: MG ZT 260 SE #455

Post by James Curgenven » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:56 am

Patrick wrote:
nellyandjoo wrote:
Not a Daily Mail reader by chance?
Could be an Express reader as well, all the papers have that attitude these days.

Possibly not the Polish ones though :lol:
---
Loud & Proud!

Andrew Regens
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: TF160LE80th #15/1600

Post by Andrew Regens » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:42 pm

Arn't MG's made in China ?. Just kidding. I think Lewis Hamilton did wonders for the F1 scene in 2007 and with the experience gained should win the championship next year, me, I hope that Red Bull improve.
Piper 4-2-1 Manifold, Daytona Back Box, Stage two Remap, Bilstein Shocks, thicker anti roll bars, PG 1 gearbox Caged bearing with type B Ltd Slip Diff. Large rear brake Kit, Toyo R888R Track/road tyres. Half Roll Cage, 4Point Harness.

HollieTF
Model of Car: TF135,StreetwiseSETD

Post by HollieTF » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:16 pm

dwkmgf wrote:Principally for nellyandjoo & hollie TF

I am patriotic to the core. I support England in all the sports you named - and all the ones you didn't.

I served my Queen and country around world and wore my uniform with pride and stood tall. I continue to serve the public of this great nation as a public sector employee. Please do not question my patriotism without knowing me. :x

And just for information - my MG is just British - having been built in 2001. Those F's built from launch until may 2000 could be said to be German, and the new ones are Chinese. So much for the F being a great British Sports Car :D :D But hey - I am just spliting hairs. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
I didn't mean to offend you, i was just stating my opinions and as i remember you were being a little picky to begin with when i said that McLaren were a British team. Everyone knew what i meant. My TF is actually 2005 and one of the last 631 built at Longbridge to that specification, so i believe that does make my car a British one?!

Let's just leave it at that shall we? :)
Life's too short not to!!!

simonrouse12
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i vvc

Post by simonrouse12 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:59 pm

:D I have been a fan of F1 for ages now. One of the best sporting days I've ever had was at Silverstone watching Nigel Mansell beating Piquet for the race win, Fantastic! as the great Murray Walker would say. But I am getting a little weary of all the politics that are coming to the fore, they have always been there just more in the background, where they should be. I would much rather see Lewis lumping Alonso one, rather than saying that he loves alonso and we are the best of mates. Remember Piquet punching the back marker when he took him off, no lies or intrigue just good honest racing. Prost and Senna in the same team, never happen now. Alonso, I'm number one, I want special treatment and the best car. Pathetic! :thumbsd: That's it I feel alot better now. :oops:
Last edited by simonrouse12 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pete C
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGTF LE 500

Post by Pete C » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:17 pm

simonrouse12 wrote::D I have been a fan of F1 for ages now. One of the best sporting days I've ever had was at Silverstone watching Nigel Mansell beating Piquet for the race win, Fantastic! as the great Murray Walker would say. But I am getting a little weary of all the politics that are coming to the fore, they have always been there just more in the background, where they should be. I would much rather see Lewis lumping Alonso one, rather than saying that he loves alonso and we are the best of mates. Remember Piquet punching the back marker when he took him off, no lies or intrigue just good honest racing. Prost Senna in the same team, never happen now. Alonso, I'm number one, I want specail treatment and the best car. Pathetic! :thumbsd: That's it I feel alot better now. :oops:
Topic drift a tad............you mention * & * on same team.....I'd love to see Button join Hamilton. an all British, highly competent team.wow!!
Pete C

nellyandjoo

Post by nellyandjoo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:00 pm

Pete C wrote:
simonrouse12 wrote::D I have been a fan of F1 for ages now. One of the best sporting days I've ever had was at Silverstone watching Nigel Mansell beating Piquet for the race win, Fantastic! as the great Murray Walker would say. But I am getting a little weary of all the politics that are coming to the fore, they have always been there just more in the background, where they should be. I would much rather see Lewis lumping Alonso one, rather than saying that he loves alonso and we are the best of mates. Remember Piquet punching the back marker when he took him off, no lies or intrigue just good honest racing. Prost Senna in the same team, never happen now. Alonso, I'm number one, I want specail treatment and the best car. Pathetic! :thumbsd: That's it I feel alot better now. :oops:
Topic drift a tad............you mention * & * on same team.....I'd love to see Button join Hamilton. an all British, highly competent team.wow!!

Here, Here! :thumbsu:
Mid Life Crisis