what have you done on your mgf today?

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

Chris Tideswell
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: TF 135

Re: what have you done on your mgf today?

Post by Chris Tideswell » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:09 pm

Spent some of the day building up the subframe
IMG_5718.JPEG

Reckless Rat
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: 97 1.8mpi in BRG

Post by Reckless Rat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:29 pm

Good subframe that one - the towing eyes are usually battered to death, especially on an 'F' when the hydragas has depleted.

Notanumber
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: TF 135 Sunstorm

Post by Notanumber » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:08 am

Ive removed the drivers side seat base cover to be repaired. To get a spare piece of alcantara for the repair I bought a spare headrest for £ 5 and unpicked the front facing. Looking forward to getting this back, reassembling the seat and driving the TF again.

Reckless Rat

Post by Reckless Rat » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:06 pm

First outing for 2024. Nice and sunny down here today, 18°C so just right for a spot of "roof-down" motoring. The car fired up first flick, as usual. (I keep it on a battery conditioner over the winter).

The roads were dry and they don't salt round here, so I had a nice little round robin of about 25 miles to get the car thoroughly warmed through and to burn off any condensation. Makes you realise what a lovely thing they are THE MGF. I paid £2K for mine in 2008 and it has been a little belter. More than paid for itself. Cushty. Mange tout Rodders.

Notanumber

Post by Notanumber » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:37 am

Just got the cover for the drivers seat base back from the repairer. He kindly passed on a handful of hog rings and lent me his spare hog ring pliers which made refitting the cover a doddle.
The backrest is bolted on and now that the weather is better i'l refit the seat tonight and looking forward to a drive in the TF again.

Reckless Rat

Post by Reckless Rat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:07 pm

I need counselling! I went out with the Mem'Sahib today in the 'F' to have lunch with some friends. During the meal it rained and I had to drive home in the wet... that's the first time I've got it wet in over 5 years!

I hope it hasn't caught a cold.

Notanumber

Post by Notanumber » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:39 am

Ive ordered a cambelt, tensioner and water pump ready for changing sometime in the summer. I picked up some locking tools a while ago.

Reckless Rat

Post by Reckless Rat » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:12 pm

I'm just gearing up for a trip to Italy in the 'F', at the end of next month. Going via the French alps and then the tunnel of Frejus, then to Turin and north to lake Maggiore. It's about time it had a decent run out. Hasn't really been anywhere since before covid.

Reckless Rat

Post by Reckless Rat » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:38 pm

Update on my last post - trip to Italy has been postponed, but because of the weather. We were planning to go a week tomorrow but the local forecast is for heavy rain all the time we're there, which would have made the trip a bit pointless. We've put it off until a bit later. In the meantime I'm getting the F ready for its bi-annual contrôle technique. It has only done 1500 miles in the past two years so there's not much wrong with it, but the rear tyres are down to the depth indicators so I've ordered a new pair. It appears that the Toyo Proxes T1R has now been replaced with the TR1. The tread pattern is slightly different, so we'll see how they fare.