what have you done on your mgf today?

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

c13amb
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Re: what have you done on your mgf today?

Post by c13amb » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:26 pm

It stopped raining so got round to fitting the freshly tinted rear lights on my TF.They were painted by a very nice member from .org all i did was fit them and renew the bulbs with a 10w tail light and some brighter quick response bulbs from Halfords!
My cars..MY04 '54 MGTF135 in Yas Marina Blue!!!

MY13'63 AUDI Q7 S-LINE 3Ltr. In ibis white!!!

Danny b
MGF Register Region: South East

Post by Danny b » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:50 pm

My newly bought one is now tucked away in the garage , will be stripping the interior out over Xmas, for a proper clean up

Mykel
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MG TF Monogram

Post by Mykel » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Nothing done to the F or TF, but the Seventy-five tourer went in for its inspection today. Had to swap the lower wishbone rubber bushes beforehand, a real pig of a job :thumbsd: . But then it sailed through with no advisories, so we’re looking forward to two more years of happy dieseling! :lol:

Oh, and now it’s time to fit the double din Kenwood unit … and a tow bar 8-)
MGTF:
2004 TF 135 in Monogram Spectre, black leather, RHD
MGZR:
2001 ZR 160 in Solar Red, LHD, LPG conv
Classic:
1972 MG Midget MkIII RWA in Blaze Red
MGF Register regional rep for Germany -- germany@mgfregister.org

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:28 pm

After seven years of sitting in the garage I finally got round to taking my old seat covers in for refurbishment. They cannot be replaced as there are no more 80th anniversary covers, I believe I bought the last set in 2008. Good news is that I can get the original grenadine alcantara and black leather and the 1924 MG 2004 logo can be applied in the original style by the trimmer.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

colintf
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall
Model of Car: MG PA TF160 ZTV8

Post by colintf » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Mykel wrote:Nothing done to the F or TF, but the Seventy-five tourer went in for its inspection today. Had to swap the lower wishbone rubber bushes beforehand, a real pig of a job :thumbsd: . But then it sailed through with no advisories, so we’re looking forward to two more years of happy dieseling! :lol:

Oh, and now it’s time to fit the double din Kenwood unit … and a tow bar 8-)

That's a big relief Mykel, as I know you had some concerns when we saw you a couple of weeks ago :thumbsu:

Colin Murrell
MGF Register International Liaison Rep
MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions
MGCC Z and V8 Registers Reps for V8 ZT'/ZTTs

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Tomcatciller
Model of Car: Mk1 MPI /Mk2 Trophy

Post by Tomcatciller » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:45 pm

I just drove the car out of the garage into the melting snow and fitted some TF lights and Mike Satur seat belt things.

ImageImage

I am afraid doe to the temperature (~ +4°C) the car sits very low.
One of the tires is losing air. Before the 2016 season starts I should organise some new rims and tires. Especially because I nearly wrecked the car with the old ones...

scimitargtc
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Post by scimitargtc » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:56 am

bought it Friday, did all safety checks when got her home - no probs, cleaned front inside front bonnet, reprogrammed the after market radio deleting a previous owners mobile from the Bluetooth pairing, washed her Saturday and again Sunday, took off hard top to find not only does she have a glass rear screen in the soft top (fixed the heated screen connections as well) but also a mesh fly catcher (so the 1 I bought in advance will be back on the market LOL), fixed the after market handbrake gaiter and grip (loose Allen key) found both front carpets are sodden BOO HOO so they're currently drying out..

TonyP.

Post by TonyP. » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:53 pm

Got lots of boxes of F bits delivered today to to carry out the PRT "update and move to the front" job. Also got soaked taking out the headlights to get the non-reflective headlight reflectors reflecting again- boxed up and ready to post.

Now just need a break in the weather to start the PRT job!

Camiel456
Model of Car: Lotus Elise S1

Post by Camiel456 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:23 pm

Exhaust is done, on my new Mg Tf Project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ti9Sf1wD0
- Lotus Elise S1

- MG TF 135 X-Power Grey / Red top & Interieur

Forrester
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere

Post by Forrester » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:16 pm

My hood on the TF was tatty & leaking so went to "welovemgfs" in Pelsall, who fitted a good replacement with glass screen for under £200.
It was fine in the rain on way home & the windows seal better, so well pleased.

scimitargtc

Post by scimitargtc » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:46 pm

put carpets back in after nearly 2 weeks of drying them off = started raining before I had to chance to put Madges seats back in - discovered when taking them out that the '80 'Anniversary' seats are indeed seats covers - good but covers never the less - the factory black fabric seats are intact and apart from a slight amount of surface damp damage (consequence of the car sitting no doubt) in great condition and will clean up no problem - good job - I now definitively know where the water is coming from - door mirrors / cheaters - take your pick -= more searching after I'd realised the drivers door glass, especially, is 5mm out from the seal when closed == so... checks now in progress - buy a car cover (DONE) print out the useful info to adjust the window glass (DONE) checked the door pins (DONE) and seem OK but will reserve judgement - priced up just in case, order mirror gaskets from Rimmers (DONE), find battery is flat when wanting to move Madge to a less obstructive part of the drive - without seats that was always going to be fun (must remember to fit front and rear parking sensors that I have stashed) - checked discharge rate and er 'that's a new one the sir will be requiring' (on next pay day!), went to fit the nearside reversing bulb I bought last Wednesday -- can I find the packet NOPE and so the story continues ---- am I depressed NO do I see/find something new every time I touch her - YES (fitting the car cover offside front sill displays some surface rust at the wheelarch end === FIRST bit of warm weather that will be fixed) -- I realise I am extremely fortunate that Madge is not my daily driver so time is not against me especially

Mykel
Regional Rep

Post by Mykel » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:12 pm

With all the wet and (quite) warm weather we had since Christmas, I had some serious mould infection on the inside of the soft top. Today it wasn’t raining for long enough and I had the chance to get at it with some cloth and 12.5% spirit vinegar. Mould is gone now, but the smell is awful (yuk). Leaving it to dry now and then look to use some other stuff on it, any ideas? Febreze? Anti-perspirant? After shave?? *lol*
MGTF:
MGZR:
Classic:

Mike H
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: 2010 MGTF135

Post by Mike H » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Another year, another MOT :)
Audi TTS owner
Former MGTF 135 owner
Former TF 160 Sprint owner
Former ZS180 owner
Former MGF owner

colintf

Post by colintf » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:09 pm

Mykel wrote:With all the wet and (quite) warm weather we had since Christmas, I had some serious mould infection on the inside of the soft top. Today it wasn’t raining for long enough and I had the chance to get at it with some cloth and 12.5% spirit vinegar. Mould is gone now, but the smell is awful (yuk). Leaving it to dry now and then look to use some other stuff on it, any ideas? Febreze? Anti-perspirant? After shave?? *lol*
Steffi's TF is just the same Mykel :(

Colin Murrell

Mykel
Regional Rep

Post by Mykel » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:34 pm

colintf wrote:
Mykel wrote:With all the wet and (quite) warm weather we had since Christmas, I had some serious mould infection on the inside of the soft top. Today it wasn’t raining for long enough and I had the chance to get at it with some cloth and 12.5% spirit vinegar. Mould is gone now, but the smell is awful (yuk). Leaving it to dry now and then look to use some other stuff on it, any ideas? Febreze? Anti-perspirant? After shave?? *lol*
Should I bring the vinegar? It’s already in a spray bottle, very convenient! :thumbsu: :lol:
MGTF:
MGZR:
Classic:

colintf

Post by colintf » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:29 pm

Mykel wrote:
colintf wrote:
Should I bring the vinegar? It’s already in a spray bottle, very convenient! :thumbsu: :lol:
That's for Steffi to answer Mykel :D best keep us posted on the smell 8-)

Colin Murrell

TonyP.

Post by TonyP. » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:19 pm

Looked at the puddle of antifreeze and thought that I've got to do it all again

scimitargtc

Post by scimitargtc » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:41 pm

smell -- Dettol diluted in a hand spray copiously applied avoiding electrics sorted my Fiat Tempra Estate when sons milk bottle exploded in very hot weather & 3 weeks of fresh air and re-application sorted it - and again in my Fiat Ulysse when a faulty cap on 4 pint bottle of full fat milked leaked all over the rear passenger (seats 6&7) floor

scimitargtc

Post by scimitargtc » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:48 pm

back from London - took wife to see Cirque Du Soleil last night, headlining not yet come but goo to fix it has from another source -- wrapped in material which is way more flexible that what I have on order (foam backed wool cloth but daughter is confident she can get it to fit and how on earth did I manage to get her to agree to do that == I have NO idea) the wrapping material is Nylon and mid way in thickness between no foam and foam backed... awaiting key blanks 'from abroad' but getting more nervous the more posts I see (still under a tenner though so if a total loss not toooo major) - putting seatS back in on Monday and adjusting windows with a total expectation the leaks will succumb!

scimitargtc

Re: what have you done on your mgtf today?

Post by scimitargtc » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:41 pm

was going to take her cover off and attempt to adjust windows to stop the rain getting into her BUT decided to go to York U-Pull-It as they had an MGTF and MGF listed - MGTF had gone, MGF still there but the coolant expansion tank I wanted (if it had the level sensor mount on the bottom) had gone - anyhows they had 7-8 Rovers and yielded 2 level sensors for the princely sum of £1 each inc the plug and as much of the loom as I could reach before snipping it off - so now I just need a tank with the mounting and a simple wire up with a buzzer/LED and will have saved myself £100 on a complete kit to install a coolant level system