what have you done on your mgf today?

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

robbie1003
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire
Model of Car: mgf 1.8mpi mk2

what have you done on your mgf today?

Post by robbie1003 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:14 pm

yesterday i googled about a slight pulling to the left issue that occur as soon as I roll forward, swapped tyres, checked brakes and bushes etc did nothing but as my search found out its actually a problem with the electronic steering. basically its a setting of the sensor that detects steering is central, not a big job, took half hour to do, didn't set up by multimeter but by feel, now she drives straight, fantastic.

Helsbyman
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF V V C

Re: what have you done on your mgf today?

Post by Helsbyman » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:57 pm

got under it and got some rust off the rear sub frame then treated it with kurust then painted it with hammerite :thumbsu:
Bilstein dampers, 4-2-1 manifold, Head work by Sabre,stainless steel under floor pipes, MGMAINA moded alternator bracket,silicon hoses, Torque tamer, JAYLAD servo bracket, Pro race 1.2 wheels
PETROL BY SHELL :D

robbie1003

Post by robbie1003 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:10 pm

helsbyman wrote:got under it and got some rust off the rear sub frame then treated it with kurust then painted it with hammerite :thumbsu:
I did exactly the same last Saturday!

stuart
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: TF160

Post by stuart » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:31 pm

All I did was put the roof down and take it for a blast, came home and put the roof up again. Thought about giving the car a wash and polish- decided to put that off till tomorrow.

Got a teeny tiny rust bubble on the nearside rear wheelarch- don't like that one bit so weather permitting will sort that out tomorrow
Stuart

'02 TF 160 - an Original MG Rover Group Press Car...and still lookin' sharp!

Bilstein Shocks, Z&F Remap, B&G Coolant Alarm, Glass Rear Screen, Braided Hoses, Bling-free at the moment...but that'll probably change

Helsbyman

Post by Helsbyman » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:50 pm

robbie1003 wrote:
helsbyman wrote:got under it and got some rust off the rear sub frame then treated it with kurust then painted it with hammerite :thumbsu:
I did exactly the same last Saturday!
Great minds think alike ;)
Bilstein dampers, 4-2-1 manifold, Head work by Sabre,stainless steel under floor pipes, MGMAINA moded alternator bracket,silicon hoses, Torque tamer, JAYLAD servo bracket, Pro race 1.2 wheels

David Dixon
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Post by David Dixon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:40 pm

Oil change, new oil filter, new plugs, new pipercross air filter, noticed the alternator belt needs changing, looked at the weather forecast for October and decided to keep it taxed for another month... and put a CD in CD radio, not done that before...it works.

Reckless Rat
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: 97 1.8mpi in BRG

Post by Reckless Rat » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Got it out of the garage at 8am and drove to Montpellier with the roof down. Drove it back this afty with the roof up because it was drizzling. Traffic was horrendous. Must have been the national rally of the 35mph club or something.

Phil_B
MGF Register Region: East Midlands
Model of Car: Fixie & MGF VVC

Post by Phil_B » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:57 pm

Topped up the very murky coolant again, drove it home where it will stay until I can get the HG checked out :(
Phil Brindley

arsvs
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: 98 1.8 vvci

Post by arsvs » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:18 pm

changed the interior lights to led ones, no longer is the interior yellow at night its a nice bright white. I did buy enough led bulbs to do the number plate lights but the screws have rusted out so ill have to think of another plan for those.
====== AN EXHAUST PIPE IS NOT A SEX TOY ======

Phil_B
MGF Register Region: East Midlands
Model of Car: Fixie & MGF VVC

Post by Phil_B » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:21 pm

arsvs wrote:changed the interior lights to led ones, no longer is the interior yellow at night its a nice bright white. I did buy enough led bulbs to do the number plate lights but the screws have rusted out so ill have to think of another plan for those.
Lol, I did that a few weeks ago too, same problem with the plate bulbs. :lol:
Phil Brindley

Barred
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: TF 135

Post by Barred » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:28 am

Bought it! Then spent six hours trying to figure out how it could live in the garage with a pool table, weight bench, five bikes and a stepper. Ohh and still figuring how to explain the small hole in the bank account to the boss - the mass of black bags and junk in the garden awaiting tipping might give her a clue though :-).
Do not invert, contents liable to spill.

mgfsoldier
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by mgfsoldier » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:20 am

Nothing. She is sat on camp with HGF and i have been in Yorkshire working on the Armed Forces Rally Team landrovers for the Trackrod Rally. I will be ordering all the parts tomorrow ready for next weekend though.

robbie1003

Post by robbie1003 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:36 am

stuart wrote:All I did was put the roof down and take it for a blast, came home and put the roof up again. Thought about giving the car a wash and polish- decided to put that off till tomorrow.

Got a teeny tiny rust bubble on the nearside rear wheelarch- don't like that one bit so weather permitting will sort that out tomorrow
There's a couple of areas on mine where there's a small scab started and on sill part of rear 1/4 that needs a bit of love,might get it in at work in Christmas lul.

robbie1003

Post by robbie1003 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:41 am

arsvs wrote:changed the interior lights to led ones, no longer is the interior yellow at night its a nice bright white. I did buy enough led bulbs to do the number plate lights but the screws have rusted out so ill have to think of another plan for those.
Thinking of doing my interior bulbs with led, whats number if the bulbs? I may have to invest. Any issues with the auto dimming with led fitted? tryed them in my previous car and it wouldn't go out completely without haveing a standard bulb in the cercuit.

Geoff.F
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Post by Geoff.F » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:46 am

I checked that the Float Charger light was Green as we got the Shopping Trolley out of the other Garage. The "F" is not allowed in the Supermarket Car Park battleground.
As it is Sunday today. it will do the Lunchtime Pub Run.
Geoff.F

robbie1003

Post by robbie1003 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Took mine for a spin to Wales thismorning, just sat in wetherpoons in llandudno waiting for some grub before the run back. Not missed a beat, roof down all day, this is what its all about.

Helsbyman

Post by Helsbyman » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi Robbie
have you ever tried mostin's in Llandudno

Foxy

Post by Foxy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:28 pm

I wanted to go to York in mine yesterday with the roof down as we stayed over for the night but the missus demanded we went in the Audi. When I got to the Holiday Inn, there was a silver TF parked at the entrance so I felt more upset. I was going to wash and polish mine today but feel too hungover to do anything.

garytipping
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: TF 160

Post by garytipping » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Barred wrote:Bought it! Then spent six hours trying to figure out how it could live in the garage with a pool table, weight bench, five bikes and a stepper. Ohh and still figuring how to explain the small hole in the bank account to the boss - the mass of black bags and junk in the garden awaiting tipping might give her a clue though :-).
Hi,
Hope you're enjoying the week end with your new TF. I've just taken the role of rep for the South Midlands area, I'm based in Buckingham. Hoping to organise some events/meets soon. There is a good MGCC natter at The Soulder of Mutton at Little Horwood on the second Thursday of the month around 8pm. You will be made most welcome.

Gary

South Midlands Rep

dkirk
MGF Register Region: Europe

Post by dkirk » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:01 pm

Fitted fog lights. Bit of a faff but looks nice