Aurora TF160 - My new toy!

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

richandpaula
MGF Register Region: North West

Re: Aurora TF160 - My new toy!

Post by richandpaula » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:55 am

That is a stunning looking car, well worth the waiting and hunting for. :thumbsu:
Just proves the old saying "Everything comes to he who waits".

When are we going to see it around the North West?

slippy
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire
Model of Car: TF 160 Aurora

Post by slippy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:03 pm

Its not quite stunning yet, just maybe very tidy but Im going to get it nicer.
The Lexus type lights although nice, I dont think dont suit the car so I have a set of F lights on the way (I prefer the darker lens of the F to the lighter TF)
Definately needs a nice exhaust but first it needs a cambelt service for peace of mind, then sort a couple of small carpark dings, no other plans as yet.

slippy

Post by slippy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Only just got around to looking for the French site with the Aurora on.
Thought I better check it out as I was mega excited to find out its the only one, only to be told that its not the only one?
At least I know mine is genuine.....Thank you Adrian
http://www.mgtf.eu/mg-tf-aurora/

richandpaula
MGF Register Region: North West

Post by richandpaula » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:25 pm

I've got a pair of F rear lights gathering dust in the garage.
Only a slight crack to the passenger side which is only noticeable when the boot is up.

You could of had them for postage or pick them up!

p.s. What are you doing with the Lexus style lights?

diesel destroyer
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: MGF GT

Post by diesel destroyer » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:55 am

I have a pair of mint (no damage) F rear lights if ya need em slippy

Allan

slippy

Post by slippy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:51 am

Thank you for the offer of the lights. The ones that are on their way are "in fantastic unmarked cindition" but weve all seen that before haven't we?? I'll be in touch if they aren't as described.
Im undecided about the Lexus lights at the moment, first thought was to bang em on ebay to raise money for shiney bits but then I thought Id keep em for a change of look now & again...just dunno.

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:36 am

Stu, I'm looking in to the picture of the car on the French web-site. Let's see what we can come up with, a bit difficult without a vin number and it's not yours as it has a tan interior.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Dieter K
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: '99 MGF 1.8i

Post by Dieter K » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:57 am

Hi all,

mind you the data base from the official side includes a few failures when it comes to the DVLA data.
These have been hand typed to the data fields at the factory (or where ever)

We found several typos in the last years like letter mistyping (F instead of E or U instead of V)
Also a very few reg plates could not have been linked to the car when we asked the current owner. This might be the case with the TF on the french site.
Nothing is proved for the other TF without an evidence like a copy of the V5 or much better, a picture of the VIN plate from the bonnet
:sf:
MGF 1.8i, PTS. HEF-MG96

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:23 am

slippy wrote:Im undecided about the Lexus lights at the moment, first thought was to bang em on ebay to raise money for shiney bits but then I thought Id keep em for a change of look now & again...just dunno.
They'd be straight on ebay if it were me. They really don't suit the aurora pain IMO. But the use of smoked MGF rear lamps is a stroke of genius - really looking forward to seeing those fitted :thumbsu:

sniperpenguin
MGF Register Region: East Midlands
Model of Car: TF 135

Post by sniperpenguin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:35 am

Dieter K wrote:Hi all,

mind you the data base from the official side includes a few failures when it comes to the DVLA data.
These have been hand typed to the data fields at the factory (or where ever)

We found several typos in the last years like letter mistyping (F instead of E or U instead of V)
Also a very few reg plates could not have been linked to the car when we asked the current owner. This might be the case with the TF on the french site.
Nothing is proved for the other TF without an evidence like a copy of the V5 or much better, a picture of the VIN plate from the bonnet
:sf:
Not sure what you mean Dieter.... are you effectively seeing that the two are the same car, or one is a respray?
'53 MGTF 135 Monogram Lagoon
'54 MGTF 115 Monogram Biomorphic (Work in Progress!)
Coloured seatbelts here - http://www.facebook.com/mgbelts

slippy

Post by slippy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:51 am

From what I gather, the French car is either a respray, not an Aurora at all or missing from the database. Its not my car. According to Adrians info from my VIN plate details, mine is the one on the database as everything matches up. The one lady owner bought it new from the garage that the database says it was supplied to. Its a 160 with Grenadine trim. I dont think we will know any different until the other ones VIN details are available.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:50 pm

That's correct Stu, your's is the one, the other is still a mystery. All of your details tie up to the data and the original dealer too. We're still trying to gain info on the one on the French web-site.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:54 am

Marina has received her reply from Hervé, the owner of the web-site, unless proven otherwise (as I have said the data from MGRover is almost faultless when interrogated) I believe the car was originally Starlight Silver, it has been re-sprayed Aurora and declared to the DVLA as Red. I doubt it's Orange Grove as has been suggested.

Here's her mail :

Here is Hervé's reply:

He saw the picture of the red TF with beige seats on a cars sale website. The owner said in the announce that the colour of the car was "Aurora". Hervé didn't know that only one "Aurora" existed and was with red seats.

He apologizes for his mistake to the owner (Slippy) of the TF "Aurora"; he will modify the website.

Hervé would be happy to receive a picture of the real Aurora to show it on the website; telling some details about it. He is now looking to find out what's the colour of the one he saw with the beige seats; and wonder if it can be an "Orange Grove" (?) but unfortunately the picture and the announcement doesn't exist anymore on the web.

I have exchanged long emails with Hervé, he looks like a honest guy; completely without any "business" aims. He owns of a Yellow Trophy TF in excellent conditions and told me that he created his website to give to the people interested in MG TF's a lot of information's. He would be very pleased to have some people who would give him a hand to write correct information's concerning the TFs.

I hope to have answered your question.

Merci Marina xx

slippy

Post by slippy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:24 am

Well that clears that up then. Thank you to Adrian for clearing that up & there's certainly no apology needed from anyone. I doubt I can provide any more info than Adrian can but if he wants to contact me or wants any particular photos, by all means, get in touch.

Dave J
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: Poseidon TF160

Post by Dave J » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:23 am

Great news Stu ... and as said before hope you can attend MGF 20 :D

With regards to the French website the car pictured for a Poseidon TF is wrong too ...as is the paint code .. it should be IAW .. not IBG ???

Dave J
herts@mgfregister.org

2004 monogram Poseidon TF160
2003 monogram Lagoon TF135
2017 MG3

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:42 pm

IBG is Caledonian, not seen on a TF.

slippy

Post by slippy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:33 am

After over two weeks of waiting the new, old type F lights are here. Apparently the first lot got lost in the post?

I really like the look but one lens is slightly darker than the other so may get another set, its not that noticable but I know its not right & it will bug me.
Still an improvement on the chrome Lexus type ones though. Need a set of chrome bulbs for the indicators too

I was going to get it out of the garage but I think theres a cloud coming :o

Ive not driven it too much as theres no evidence of the cambelt ever been done & the seller didnt know if it had been done either but Jon norris is coming on Tuesday to sort it for me.

diesel destroyer
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: MGF GT

Post by diesel destroyer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:44 am

Yours if you want/need em
Attachments
image.jpg

ashleyfrazer
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF 1.8 MK2

Post by ashleyfrazer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:02 am

I agree on the original lights. Are you going to put the protectors on the back of the lights?
As soon as it stops raining get some wax on the paint. Then the water will just sheet off.

Ash

slippy

Post by slippy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:08 am

Yes please Allan.
How much would you like for them?
P.M. me your email address & I`ll PayPal you.