Car pictures wanted

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Car pictures wanted

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:55 pm

For a series of articles going in to our own in-house magazine FasTForward I'm looking for good pictures, interior and exterior, of F's and TF's. All models are wanted.

I'm not looking for modifications this is about the car not so much what's been done to the car. You have time as this will be on-going for some time as it will feature a model or several per issue and FTF is quarterly. I will hold all pictures until the relevant time and select the ones that match the article best. Next time you're out and about take some good shots (inside and outside) and send them to me at registrar@mgfregister.org. Please write a little about the car and your name, if you know anything that may not be commonly known please mention that too. Shots of cars like Sunstorms, Sprints, Sparks, Freestyles, Abingdon's etc really are needed as I want to feature all models.

FasTForward really is a lovely magazine, if you don't subscribe you are missing out, it's all about our model of MG and our regions, every page is a good read. You may see your car in there if you send your pictures in.
Last edited by adrianclifford on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

fatbaldingoldgit
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MG TF LE500 #493

Re: Car pictures wanted

Post by fatbaldingoldgit » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Presumably Adrian you are focussing primarily on cars that haven't been modified..or at least ones where the mods are not too visible?
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Dave J
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: Poseidon TF160

Post by Dave J » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi Adrian
Would you like my Poseidon ??? ... i could do a little write up about it and if you'd like to take some photo's at the Halfway House on the 17th.

Dave J
herts@mgfregister.org

2004 monogram Poseidon TF160
2003 monogram Lagoon TF135
2017 MG3

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:27 pm

fatbaldingoldgit wrote:Presumably Adrian you are focussing primarily on cars that haven't been modified..or at least ones where the mods are not too visible?
Yes, that's the sort of thing. As you have an LE500 I would like a picture of the badge, the door sills ,the revised nose etc. This applies to all cars, for example 2010 cars I want a picture of the door mirrors, 85LE's the badges and interior all in detail. The more colours the better I don't want to use one car for all of the pictures, I'll choose the pictures that illustrate the car the best, so I could use several different cars to cover one type eg Trophy's four colours and a unique interior.

This is a definitive guide to the cars, I could do a seperate article on modified cars but they would need to be one off's so if anybody wants to do that then it's not a problem as long as Tim has space.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:30 pm

davej wrote:Hi Adrian
Would you like my Poseidon ??? ... i could do a little write up about it and if you'd like to take some photo's at the Halfway House on the 17th.

Dave J
I could use it to demonstrate one of the Monogram colours, I will be writing about them. Send me what you have and I'll create something fitting.

I think I may mention, a better address to send them to will be my persoanl e mail address or Andy will get them all too : adrianclifford@talktalk.net

fatbaldingoldgit
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MG TF LE500 #493

Post by fatbaldingoldgit » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:18 pm

Happy to send you some piccies of my black LE500....not including any mods...unless you are interested in the DRLs?....
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

John W
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MGTF 80th Anniversar

Post by John W » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:24 am

Hi Adrian, sent you photo of my 2010 TF..
MG 80th Anniversary TF 1420 of 1600, Colour Starlight Silver

andywatson
Model of Car: MGF 1.9 Scholar

Post by andywatson » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:43 am

fatbaldingoldgit wrote:Presumably Adrian you are focussing primarily on cars that haven't been modified..or at least ones where the mods are not too visible?
Counts me out then. Lol

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:56 pm

For the purpose of this Andy, yes however saying that, if you have the time we can feature your car (as we can for Allan too) in an edition of FTF if you're interested.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:45 pm

I will add, if you have any sales brochures can you scan any good pages (usually the front cover) and send them to me as I want to create more than just pages of text with a few car pictures.

Thank you, Adrian

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Thank you to the two people that have sent in pictures. I would have thought many of you would like to see your car or bits of it in FasTForward but no, I'm surprised. The next issue is in three months so you have plenty of time and I would love scans of any brochures or data you have.

cath's mg
Model of Car: MGF

Post by cath's mg » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi Adriane,
Cath & I will be popping over to the Halfway House Thursday with Dave (I think he only wants us to come so we can clear any loose stones off the road to avoid any stone chips :lol: ).
I am very surprised that you have only had two lots of photo's, so if you want any pic's of a fairly early (1996) F in reasonable condition and fairly un-modified, your more than welcome

Gary :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Cath's car but Gary's plaything :-)

Dave J
Regional Rep
Model of Car: Poseidon TF160

Post by Dave J » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:36 pm

cath's mg wrote:Hi Adriane,
Cath & I will be popping over to the Halfway House Thursday with Dave (I think he only wants us to come so we can clear any loose stones off the road to avoid any stone chips :lol: ).
I am very surprised that you have only had two lots of photo's, so if you want any pic's of a fairly early (1996) F in reasonable condition and fairly un-modified, your more than welcome

Gary :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Gary are you going to take the ZTT ??? ... just need to know if i have to dig the gas mask out ??? ;)

Adrian ... Gary took some pictures of our cars at mondays Herts meet ... but im not sure if the smoke had cleared the car park when he took them ??
If you'd like to take some pictures of my Pozzi that would be great :D

Dave
herts@mgfregister.org

2004 monogram Poseidon TF160
2003 monogram Lagoon TF135
2017 MG3

cath's mg
Model of Car: MGF

Post by cath's mg » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:41 pm

You cheeky bugger :rant:

Cath :rant: :kiss:
Cath's car but Gary's plaything :-)

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi Gary/Dave, yes I'll have copies of the best of those pictures please. Stuart sent in some lovely shots today. The idea of this series of articles in FasTForward is to illustrate and provide detail on every model of MGF or TF, you will see what I mean when the next FTF comes out. Really I'm looking for factory fit, things like badges, brochure scans, interiors that sort of thing rather than something you have fitted.

One of the issues will feature Monogram cars. Even early '95 cars will need examples to enhance the text.

What I'm sent may influence the next issue as I don't want to keep taking pictures from my own library, I would rather see your pictures in the magazine.

BigJohn
Model of Car: Abingdon VVC

Post by BigJohn » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:07 am

Hi Adrian,

I have the original MGF, Abingdon, '99 anniversary, original and mk2 F accessory brochures, are scans of these of any use ? In addition I have early brochures from companies such as Mike Satur, Newton Commercial and Moss. It's quite fascinating how many accessories were available in the early days.

I love my Abingdon to appear but it has many subtle interior and exterior mods such as Mike Satur walnut cowl, Newton Comms anodised third brake light surround and air intakes and X-Power ? Black 'lexus' style rear lights I imagine its of no use ?

John

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Hi John, yes please that is exactly part of what I'm looking for.

I see you're in Essex, have we ever met ?, if you can scan them and e mail them to me or I can meet you and borrow and return them, maybe you can come along to one of our pub meets where I can take them and return them after I've scanned them.

We have one tonight at the Halfway House.

As I said previously for a change this series of articles will be about the cars as delivered to the dealers so I would prefer original but the traders brochures (I have several too) would be a good accompaniment to the articles.

richandpaula
MGF Register Region: North West

Post by richandpaula » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:26 am

Hi Adrian,
As said on PM - Sorry for the late reply.
I hope you can use some of the photos of our car from the link I provided.

If your after some press photo's, I'm sure Simon from the T-Bar may not mind if you use some of these from this link:

http://www.the-t-bar.com/photos/press-photos

Once again, if there's anything in particular you would like regarding the Sunstorm, please just ask!

Best regards,
Rich & Paula

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Thanks again Rich, I think I have most of those pictures but it will be good to check at the time I feature a particular model. Thanks in advance Simon if I do use any of them.

andywatson
Model of Car: MGF 1.9 Scholar

Post by andywatson » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:31 pm

adrianclifford wrote:For the purpose of this Andy, yes however saying that, if you have the time we can feature your car (as we can for Allan too) in an edition of FTF if you're interested.

More than happy for you to feature my car in FTF anytime.