Wanted - monogram TF

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

Slickster
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Wanted - monogram TF

Post by Slickster » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:30 am

Long time since I've been on the forums, but I'm still looking to find a good quality monogram TF to use and keep long-term. If anyone spots any for sale, or has one they may wish to relinquish please drop me a line - money is at the ready!

Though it should be noted that some monograms aren't to my taste like say this Sunspot - each to their own and all that! But then again something like an 80th anniversary would be lovely too!

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: Wanted - monogram TF

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:12 pm

One of our regional members has just traded in a Pearl Black 80th to David at Church Square Auto's in return for his pre production LE500.

Give David a call he will probably still have it preparing it for sale, 01932 241843 www.churchsquareautos.com
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Slickster

Post by Slickster » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:50 pm

adrianclifford wrote:One of our regional members has just traded in a Pearl Black 80th to David at Church Square Auto's in return for his pre production LE500.

Give David a call he will probably still have it preparing it for sale, 01932 241843 http://www.churchsquareautos.com
Thanks for the tipoff Adrian - looks like it might already be for sale? I'm defintiely kicking myself that I didn't buy one almost the same as that one, three years ago for half the price or even the green one you suggested from Steve way back then either!

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:06 pm

Yep, that's the one !
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

David Dixon
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Post by David Dixon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:03 pm

This one any good? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... &logcode=p

Having now looked at the dealers website the mileage is given as 67k v 41k on Autotrader
Last edited by David Dixon on Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mykel
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MG TF Monogram

Post by Mykel » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:27 pm

Hmm, one of only 46 made in Chagall, so even rarer than mine (Spectre, #63 of 64), and comes at a very reasonable price, too. 3 years ago, I paid 1,766 pounds for mine, with roughly the same mileage.
MGTF:
2004 TF 135 in Monogram Spectre, black leather, RHD
MGZR:
2001 ZR 160 in Solar Red, LHD, LPG conv
Classic:
1972 MG Midget MkIII RWA in Blaze Red
MGF Register regional rep for Germany -- germany@mgfregister.org

Slickster

Post by Slickster » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:44 pm

After a recent house move I've now got a garage, so the hunt is on more than ever for a 'keeper' monogram TF! Not really seen many of late, particularly in the preferred flip paints, but there is the Typhoon one at Apple for £4995. Looks like strong money...anyone aware of any others, or does that one warrant further investigation? It's a long way from me in the Midlands, though the online MOT history shows relatively few advisories over the years (mainly just brakes, but also a 'rusty chassis' listed as an advisory in 2014), with it not being MOT'd between 2007 and 2012.

David Dixon
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Post by David Dixon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:04 pm

The typhoon at Apple has been for sale since the spring, the price has remained the same also. I briely considered going to view it but was put off by the the MOT history. If you are on Facebook you could ask on the MG R Monogram facebook page if anyone has one for sale.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:16 pm

There will be a nice Bacchus TF160 coming soon, Philip is selling his soon.

scimitargtc
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire

Post by scimitargtc » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:49 pm

not got a monogram but a 2004 1.8 'spark' which po had fitted 80th seat 'covers' handbrake gaiter, gearknob... bought her as a mid life crisis car to add to my small fleet in JAN (bills show she's had HG replaced and has ss underfloor coolant pipes) have spent over a grand on uprated brakes inc new nearside rear caliper for mot last week batt, low coolant alarm, dvd/reversing/hands free 'radio', pscan unit and workshop manual .... she has matching black hardtop mesh wind deflector with glass rear soft top window with new retaining 'straps' .... having had a stroke in april mobility has made me come to the realisation i should relinquish control and put effort into my scimitar so before ins (£120) is due in jan will be posting her for sale @ around £1800

Slickster

Post by Slickster » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:18 pm

David Dixon wrote:The typhoon at Apple has been for sale since the spring, the price has remained the same also. I briely considered going to view it but was put off by the the MOT history. If you are on Facebook you could ask on the MG R Monogram facebook page if anyone has one for sale.
Thanks, I'm in that group and have been keeping an eye out, but guess I could put a 'wanted', rather than wait for one.
scimitargtc wrote:not got a monogram but a 2004 1.8 'spark' which po had fitted 80th seat 'covers' handbrake gaiter, gear knob...will be posting her for sale @ around £1800
Will certainly have a look when posted, though really looking for a monogram.
adrianclifford wrote:There will be a nice Bacchus TF160 coming soon, Philip is selling his soon.
Certainly looking for a nice one ideally with the jobs done (brake pipes etc) and without any rust etc. So hopefully this one could be a good one.