Monogram Data

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

Celestial 20
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley

Monogram Data

Post by Celestial 20 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:13 am

Being a Monogram owner I'm curious to see how many monograms are actually left.
I was talking to a chap at a car meet last summer who owned a rare Chagall Tf, (1 of 46 built), and when I asked him what colour it was, he had no idea, of the colour, or indeed the rarity of the car.
I feel that at some point, Tf values will rise, and the rarer ones will be the more sought after.
It would be nice to know what is left. I realise that not everyone is on social media, so it's never going to be exhaustive, but it would be nice to know what we can trace.
Does anyone have records' of who owns what and where?
Celestial Blue Mg tf 135.
Number 20 of 99
Milltek exhaust. AP Brake upgrade.
My Flickr www.flickr.com/jimpritchard67

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Re: Monogram Data

Post by Keith Williams » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:22 am

The MGF Register does hold data of those members within the MG Car Club who have monogram cars and who have informed us of such. Due to data protection this data has to remain with in the club though.

I believe there is a monogram owners group on Facebook, so that might be worth a look for more general information.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

Mykel
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MG TF Monogram

Post by Mykel » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:25 am

Here you go: Monogram Facebook Group

Also, to keep the database as precise and up-to-date as possible, please have a look here and report to Adrian … and spread the word! :thumbsu:
MGTF:
2004 TF 135 in Monogram Spectre, black leather, RHD
MGZR:
2001 ZR 160 in Solar Red, LHD, LPG conv
Classic:
1972 MG Midget MkIII RWA in Blaze Red
MGF Register regional rep for Germany -- germany@mgfregister.org

Celestial 20

Post by Celestial 20 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:31 am

Mykel wrote:Here you go: Monogram Facebook Group

Also, to keep the database as precise and up-to-date as possible, please have a look here and report to Adrian … and spread the word! :thumbsu:
Keith Williams wrote:The MGF Register does hold data of those members within the MG Car Club who have monogram cars and who have informed us of such. Due to data protection this data has to remain with in the club though.

I believe there is a monogram owners group on Facebook, so that might be worth a look for more general information.
Cheers guys, I know, I am member on there, and if you look at the top post currently, it's from me, asking the very same question!
Celestial Blue Mg tf 135.
Number 20 of 99
Milltek exhaust. AP Brake upgrade.
My Flickr www.flickr.com/jimpritchard67

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:06 pm

You will find, in the last two issues of our magazine FasTForward every monogram built listed in colour order.

As Keith and Michael have said, we have the best and only accurate data list and we have to be fully compliant with the data protection laws, therefore my interest starts and finishes with only the car.

Enjoy the list and please tell me if you more any more.

Adrian
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Birks
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 160

Post by Birks » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:20 pm

Is this the info that informed the monogram articles in FasTForward? I'm asking as the details for my car are incorrect.
I bought her from the original owner who had done nothing to her (not even a service or oil change!), but the trim details and garage details are both incorrect.
In fairness, the trim code of the VIN plate is also incorrect as the car had cloth seats fitted, not leather. Without realising this, one of my first jobs was to put leather seats in, so bizarrely, the code actually matches the trim I have fitted now, but definitely not how she came out of the factory!
A number of spectres, including mine, are attributed to "Primrose Phoenix Muswell Hill, Clitheroe" but I've double checked with both the owner and Sales Manager from Primrose, who happen to be friends of mine, and both say they never sold any spectres and had no affiliation to the Phoenix group, and certainly not with Muswell Hill which is about 250miles away!
I know my car came from Lancaster, but this dealer doesn't seem to appear on the list anywhere.
It seems the MG data pixies have struck again...it makes you wonder whether they recorded anything correctly! ☺
The Inspector in Spectre

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:40 pm

Hi Birks, then please correct me. The factory data is very wrong in places as you say and we are working tirelessly to correct it. It's one of the reasons I have listed every car as there is a good following for these cars, I could not do it for every type of course.

The cicode list comes from MG data too but it is updated by the members themselves, this is where a lot of the wrong info comes from, for example, some people will see a dealer service stamp in their book and send it as the original. Even the list from MG is incomplete as I take the dealer codes from the factory data (these are the cicodes I refer to) and put them in an Excel file, add the dealerships to them and there are still over 100 gaps, these need filling and others correcting/confirming.

Today I received info from an owner with a 120 mpi Tahiti Blue Trophy. I hope he did not pay Trophy money for it, it may be a simple mistake but so much data has been recorded incorrectly and I need to make it right, which again, is where I need help from everybody.

Last week I was given details by a new owner of a TF Sprint, everything checked out but it was in Anthracite, a colour not found on Sprint's. He sent the vehicle data and written in the service book was Sprint SE, who's wrong, the original dealer or MG for painting it in Anthracite instead of, say X Power Grey ?
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

PeteCotton

Post by PeteCotton » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:43 pm

I have one of those 46 in Chagall, it’s a 160 TF with matching hard top.
Attachments
B0D7E899-5878-44CD-8BE0-FB5F7F48717E.jpeg

Leefy
MGF Register Region: North West

Post by Leefy » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:58 pm

I have a 2004 TF 135 in Nocturne blue (project just started). 1 of only 11 TF 135’s in this colour, and quite possibly the only one in that colour with the optional blue soft top, black leather interior and front fogs as well (be interested to know if there are anymore with the exact same spec for the year).

I always take the trim code from the vin plate as being correct. If the car has anything different fitted, then at some point in the past a previous owner has changed the interior. Any potential purchase I make now, I ask for the paint and trim code off the vin plate and compare it to photos of the car. If they don’t match, I walk away. It’s getting too difficult to source good quality second hand interiors if the car you have isn’t original, and that’s how you want it.

If values are to rise for these cars, it will be for unmolested vehicles in the best of condition, in the rarer colours.
Attachments
B570E8F4-A4B9-4355-9600-D59A0CA33826.jpeg