Anyone know this car, it lives in Ireland.

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

sexysi
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: Typhoon MGTF + MGF

Anyone know this car, it lives in Ireland.

Post by sexysi » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:39 pm

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: Anyone know this car, it lives in Ireland.

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi Si, not much to go on there mate. What I can work out for you :

There are 58 cars in Mirage or Mirage 2, the difference is very small and hard to tell without the two being side by side, but then which one is which ?

First of all it's not unique spec as the seller says, there are 11 in Mirage or Mirage 2 with that trim JZM (it's all listed in FasTForward magazine some time ago by the way).

As it's a 135 that knocks it down to 9 cars (two of the 11 are 160's), of those 9 cars four have been delivered to Charles Hurst of Belfast, two of which are Mirage and two Mirage 2 so if the seller can give you the paint code that will narrow it down to two. IAS is Mirage, IAU is Mirage 2.

Other than that, I can't help without a registration number or vin. Without even a registration number to go on, how can you do an hpi or MoT history check ?

We don't really have any representation in northern Ireland to ask either.

It does look nice too and with low mileage that could be a good buy.

If you do get any info please let me know.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

sexysi

Post by sexysi » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:58 pm

Cheers mate, I have asked for the reg number and any history on it, before i commit to a flight over there lol. Good money, just a long way away. Are there electronic copies of FForward, so i can have a look at the article.

Cheers Adrian.

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:04 pm

I don't know, you would have to ask Tim (the editor) or Keith about that. I've got the vin's and build dates but nothing else on these, as I said, we have no representation from Ireland therefore, no additional data.

The build dates range from 22/06/2002 to 02/09/2003 for the four in question.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

Post by Keith Williams » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:30 pm

sexysi wrote:Cheers mate, I have asked for the reg number and any history on it, before i commit to a flight over there lol. Good money, just a long way away. Are there electronic copies of FForward, so i can have a look at the article.
No electronic copies of FasTForward available. Unsure if we have copies of that edition left or not. Will check when I get home.
1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

sexysi

Post by sexysi » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:20 pm

Maybe something for the committee to think about. I am a member of the adventure bike rider forum. And the do pdf copies of their mag. Maybe a good idea to do the same.
Si

adrianclifford

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:24 am

Why don't you subscribe ?, it's only four issues a year, it's all about our cars and it supports the Register.

MrNatural
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF Trophy 160 x 2

Post by MrNatural » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:35 pm

Looks to be a nice car. Love the colour...