I am not running a Kent section anymore

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

sexysi
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: Typhoon MGTF + MGF

I am not running a Kent section anymore

Post by sexysi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:52 pm

After a vote of the 4 admins in our group, we have decided to become an independent group. I believe we we're never taken seriously on here anyway. And I always felt that there was resistance to us, with the original name, stickers, new website and our new bank account. Being independent means we have none of the restrictions imposed by being part of the register. I always thought that the forum was very much in the 80's as there seemed to be resistance to new ideas, Facebook events etc etc. I seemed to be breaking the Rules a lot and being ignored by the chairman way too much. For instance a simple question about mins turned into a farce, it wasn't until the MGCC rep got involved things changed, ie the mins are opened up to regional reps as well as committee members, after all the committee is supposed to be working for the members so why be so secretive about them......God only knows. I am still a fully paid up member of the MGCC and thus user of this forum, but I am also a member of a very big growing Kent group. I feel that if we have got a more friendly reception from the group then we would have pushed for a Kent register, but we also like to have ideas and run it our way, yes we will take on the views of others, but no one likes being dictated to, hence why we have left. I think this was a golden opportunity for the register to have a Kent group which has been wasted.

Yes we could be open to being a register in the future but I think views and things need to change, we have a very young crowd in our group and I think the future In Kent is us.
Thank you guys, who have helped us and given us words of wisdom and Support, good luck running your groups.....you gonna need it.

Simon

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: I am not running a Kent section anymore

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Sorry to see you go Si, we got to meet a couple of times and you've given us a great pub for a drive out and boat trip, maybe we can still pop down and join you for a day.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

sexysi

Post by sexysi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:57 pm

We don't care mate who joins us MGCC MGOC Joe public whoever, all our welcome. I know you dont do FB but i will keep the Web page up to date with meets etc.
Cheers si

sexysi

Post by sexysi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Wow that was quick 2 hrs to change my username colour from green to normal, shame the mins didn't get posted that quick.

malcolm64
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGF1.8i

Post by malcolm64 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:42 pm

Si I concur with Adrian sort to see you but I wouldn't mind popping over occasionally as well. I was with Adrian when we first met you

talkingcars
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:17 pm

Sorry to see this Si, good luck out there.

James
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

Worzel
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: MY2000 MGF 1.8

Post by Worzel » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:26 am

That's a shame Si the decision has been made to become independent but wish you well in the future.
I think it must be said, there are lessons here to be learnt, and from all parties.
Ian "Worzel" Wright

MGF Register - Chairman & National Events
MGF Register - Regional Rep (Thames Valley)

Email: chair@mgfregister.org
Email: thames.valley@mgfregister.org
Mobile: 07793 002190

sniperpenguin
MGF Register Region: East Midlands
Model of Car: TF 135

Post by sniperpenguin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:31 am

sexysi wrote:Wow that was quick 2 hrs to change my username colour from green to normal, shame the mins didn't get posted that quick.
Quote of the week :)
'53 MGTF 135 Monogram Lagoon
'54 MGTF 115 Monogram Biomorphic (Work in Progress!)
Coloured seatbelts here - http://www.facebook.com/mgbelts