MGF Mod Plans and Prices

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

RSR92
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: MGF 1.8MPi MY2000

Re: MGF Mod Plans and Prices

Post by RSR92 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:10 pm

So the alloy Manifold went in, fitted by myself and this fixed the leaky gasket, to be honest it looked like the mating face could have just been cleaned and the plastic one refitted but I like the alloy one so oh well!

However fixing this leak exposed that the water pump was weak and well it started literally dropping water out of the side of the engine.

A visit from Dave at MG rover mobile mechanics for a timing belt, tensioner and water pump change and along with fixing the manifold leak she's dry as a bone! Great news as I've been paranoid as hell and having to top up for about the last year.

What this does mean is (Mrs permitting) that I should be able to come along to plenty more events from now on! :D

Just need to fit the knuckle that needs replacing and then to wait for mikes new hydragas solution to be out and then I can start pursuing a few more of the performance mods, as well as thinking about having a proper investigate of the subframes and replacing some bolts as well as rust treating, however that's a large undertaking and I think for now at least I deserve a rest!
X-Reg MGF 1.8MPi in LQW: Trophy 160 Airbox, Citroen Washer Jets, Japanparts Dampers, 52mm T/B and Alloy Inlet Manifold
Pending: Replace Cat and B/B, Performance Filter element, Cold air feed from N/s vent

daz
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: mg less :(

Re: MGF Mod Plans and Prices

Post by daz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:46 pm

& breathe, lol it's always good to know everything's sorted. I love driving my car now it's 100%