S/S sub frame mounts

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

Helsbyman
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF V V C

S/S sub frame mounts

Post by Helsbyman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Well I got my new s/s sub frame mounts to day [ just hope they DO need replacing ] as some 2004 cars don't need them and other 2004 do.
If the old ones are in good nick will put them on ebay. Looking at the 12 April to do them. I am only doing the front as that should be the easy job, the back will have to wait a month or three till more cash is to hand :)
Bilstein dampers, 4-2-1 manifold, Head work by Sabre,stainless steel under floor pipes, MGMAINA moded alternator bracket,silicon hoses, Torque tamer, JAYLAD servo bracket, Pro race 1.2 wheels
PETROL BY SHELL :D

hammond
MGF Register Region: Cotswolds
Model of Car: VVC Freestyle

Re: S/S sub frame mounts

Post by hammond » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:58 pm

I was thinking of doing mine but my car mechanic skills I would say are only average. I like the idea of stainless ones but are they an easy job? Is front worse than back to do or visa versa?

I've got a 2001 MGF

Helsbyman
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF V V C

Re: S/S sub frame mounts

Post by Helsbyman » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi, H. The back would be harder as you have the engine on the back one. If all goes well the front should take 4 hrs. I also have new bolts for the subframe which are 10:8 grade
Bilstein dampers, 4-2-1 manifold, Head work by Sabre,stainless steel under floor pipes, MGMAINA moded alternator bracket,silicon hoses, Torque tamer, JAYLAD servo bracket, Pro race 1.2 wheels
PETROL BY SHELL :D