No F or TF content but a new MG was on show today

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

Keith Williams
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MGF VVC, Trophy 160

No F or TF content but a new MG was on show today

Post by Keith Williams » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:06 pm

For those on you on Facebook, the MG Car Club were at the Shanghai Motor Show today and this can be seen at Shanghai

Video ad below ....

1998 MGF VVC, 2001 Trophy 160 & 2013 MG6 GT TSE

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Re: No F or TF content but a new MG was on show today

Post by Rob Bell » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:31 am

Hmm. Maybe it'll grow on me. At least it is more a sports car than a shopping trolley. The basic proportions look good. Putting the MG logo and changing its shape so it fits inside a circle is an immediate fail however. Perhaps it is that intrinsic lack of understanding of the brand and its iconic status that leaves me thinking that this actually doesn't look much like an MG? Perhaps, as a convertible, it'll be better...?

Helsbyman
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF V V C

Post by Helsbyman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:09 pm

ERR not quite right there WAS also another piece saying IF the saloon market picks up in England/world they would also have a small sports car to supper seed the TF for 2020
Bilstein dampers, 4-2-1 manifold, Head work by Sabre,stainless steel under floor pipes, MGMAINA moded alternator bracket,silicon hoses, Torque tamer, JAYLAD servo bracket, Pro race 1.2 wheels
PETROL BY SHELL :D

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Helsbyman wrote:ERR not quite right there WAS also another piece saying IF the saloon market picks up in England/world they would also have a small sports car to supper seed the TF for 2020
Based on their current product line up, I don't think that there is much chance of that happening... :(