SP performance exhaust

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

arnosvale65
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset

SP performance exhaust

Post by arnosvale65 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 pm

Spent yesterday doing some serious cleaning of those hard to get places and black plastic parts with a tube of trusty Autoglym bumper care. One thing that came to light was strange lettering on my exhaust tailpipes. It reads "SP performance." Doing some research shows that this is quite a rare exhaust from the MGF Cheetah era. Costing about £295 at the time. Regardless of that it makes the sweetest sound. Yet another bonus of my £800 car which along with the reg number M* LMG should just about cover what I paid for her. This does not include the host of spares she came with.

Spare cat
Two spare headlights
Various gaskets.
Black hardtop. (Sold)
Tonnaeu cover
Xpower roll hoops
Aftermarket cover
Cooling system warning kit
Front and rear spoilers.
Aftermarket alarm/ immobilsor
Two brake calipers.
Stainless water pipes.
52mm throttle body
etc etc.

I have had the headgasket done (Which I knew about) and the head skimmed but including that I think I am still quids in. Plus I love my F and would treasure her always.

Any info on the exhaust would be very welcome.

daz
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: mg less :(

Re: SP performance exhaust

Post by daz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:35 pm

it's made by milltek & was sold by Stephen Palmer who came up with the cheetah.When he stopped selling them Milltek carried on & put there own name on it. I had one on my F & have one on my TF, a bit raspy IMO, but still sounds awesome :)

The one on my F sounded much nicer than the TF version with plenty of pops & bangs on the overrun.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Re: SP performance exhaust

Post by Rob Bell » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:50 am

Not so rare, but the SP Supersport exhaust (later sold under Milltek branding by Brown and Gammons et al) is a lovely thing and gives a useful extra 5bhp when we did the rolling road tests for MG World Magazine back in the day :D