Calling Huddersfield

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

Bazzajay
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: Wedgwood SE 1800i

Calling Huddersfield

Post by Bazzajay » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:04 am

Is there someone in Huddersfield who could do me a big favour, for a consideration of course. I have an MGF Wedgwood; a previous owner fitted, very badly, a Trophy splitter. It's crooked and bonded on. It has also suffered some damage which has affected the front panel. I've found a Wedgwood front panel on the 'bay but am having some difficulty persuading the vendor to pack it and courier it to me. It's being offered as "Collection only".

Is there anyone in Huddersfield who would be prepared to collect, pack and courier it for me? I would have been prepared to collect it but, as I live on the Isle of Wight, it would mean an overnighter, which I can't manage as my wife is disabled and can't leave her for that length of time.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Barrie

2000 MGF Wedgwood SE 1800i
2002 Peugeot Partner Quiksilver

David Dixon
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Re: Calling Huddersfield

Post by David Dixon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:29 am

You could also try asking in the Yorkshire region here viewforum.php?f=41

I also seem to recall there is a site or facebook page for MGF/TF owners that give just this sort of help, but done a few searches and can't find it, maybe somebody else knows.

Geoff.F
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Re: Calling Huddersfield

Post by Geoff.F » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:32 am

You only need someone to loosely wrap in bubble wrap and arrange yourself fpr a courier tp collect it. Perhaps the seller would do this for a small consideration.
Geoff.F