A very radical MGF

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

A very radical MGF

Post by adrianclifford » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:25 pm

Wow !, Nacho has sent me this link from his Spanish site : http://www.clubmg-rover.com/foro/index. ... ic=10838.0

It's in Spanish, of course, but the pictures tell the story. I notice he has my old seats, other than that, you need to imagine the rest :)

Take the time to see how much work has gone in to this car, currently six pages but lots of pictures. I make no suppositions as to your views, everybody is entitled to their view of course, but has he created something rather different ? I think so :roll:
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

James Curgenven
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: MG ZT 260 SE #455

Re: A very radical MGF

Post by James Curgenven » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:35 pm

It was going so well until he turned it into a Mazda :thumbsd:
---
Loud & Proud!

Herbie
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by Herbie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:07 pm

You only need time, money and elbow grease ... and everything is possible.
Not my cuppa tbh but respect for the work and effort :thumbsu:
MGF 1.8i - Nighfire Red (CAQ)
Daytona Backbox - Piper Sports Cat - 52mm TB - TF Steering Rack - TF 80th LE elements - Compliance Washers - Clear Indicators - Assorted Bling

ScubaStewart
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by ScubaStewart » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:40 pm

Wow, huge amount of work. Fair play.

m9fdb

Post by m9fdb » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:43 am

lots of work and plenty of filler gone into that - would like to see it in the flesh first before passing judgement on it as i think the walnut and cream seats just don't go with the colour and look of the car.

Nice choice of wheels tho - one of the best rims for the F imo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers D
I'm a simple man! I like my beer cold, my women hot and my car clean!

GazSuttonUK
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: MG BGT+MG TF+MG ZR

Post by GazSuttonUK » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:35 am

A lot of work gone into it, but lost interest when a mazda :thumbsd: front came into play.

Scarlet Fever
Model of Car: 1996 MPi F

Post by Scarlet Fever » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:18 pm

Bonnet gets a huge :thumbsu: from me, as does the amount of work done to get this to work. But i think it's criminal to put a Mazda nose on the car, almost insulting to the MG marque.

Don't get me wrong, i have massive respect for what they have done, but the car has lost a lot of it's 'specialness' - all MGs are special, Mazdas are just another mass produced car. To loose the MG front in favour of a Mazda one is just wrong to me.
Andrew Phillips

dwkmgf
Model of Car: 01 Steptronic

Post by dwkmgf » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:58 pm

Have to agree with Andy et al about the Mazda front, particularly as it is not even a pretty Mazda front!! Bonnet is good though - doors done before - lights - hmmm.

Huge credit for the work that the owner has done though.
Dave
2001 Tahiti Blue Freestyle Steptronic - Racing Vintage Stripes, Racing Vintage Interior, K&N 57i, TT Mk 4 Exhaust, AP Racing Brakes, HEP Braided Brake Hoses

madrid
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: TF 135

Post by madrid » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:38 am

Obviously, the job done is huge. But the fact is that the guy that is building the car is not an MG enthusiast. That's why he used the front of a Mazda and the lights of an Opel. In fact is not a change, because when he bought the car, it was crashed, and the front was damaged.

He works in a tunning workshop, and had made some other projects. This F is just one more for him. I suppose that, as people who usually works in this area, he will try to sell the car as soon as it will be finished.

In my opinion, the worst thing is to put that air intakes in the front in a car which is mid-engined, and without any other aerodynamical purpose

Best regards, from Madrid. Nacho.
I'm Mid Engined in FB