Recomendation required..

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

Malcbox
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: 1998 VVC

Recomendation required..

Post by Malcbox » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:36 am

The old girl (1998 VVC) is in need a proper service and although I have a perfectly good general garage that I could entrust the work to, I would like to have the car given the "once over" by someone with specific MGF experience.

Can anyone recommend a gargare or deasler near to the Oxon/Bucks border (Thame/Stokenchurch for those of you with local knowledge) that can give me a good honest appraisal of the car and carry out any work that I might require?

ScubaStewart
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Re: Recomendation required..

Post by ScubaStewart » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:18 pm

Hiya, the most local one to you that I can think of is Macdonald Motors, Summerleys Road, Princes Risborough. They are very close to Jaykay (jamiroquai) house, and they look after all of his cars. They took on a couple of mechanics that worked at the MG-Rover dealership in High Wycombe, and they are very good. However, they are not cheap! If you go, would be good to say you found out about them from the MGF Register, as I have been trying to persuade them to advertise in FasTForward!

Alternatively, you could go to SMC in High Wycombe, or head over to Oxford, where i could give you a long list of places, like Manor Garage or Macs Motors.

Otherwise, the final recommendation would be to take a little drive and head over to Northampton and go see Clifton Lane who are excellent. They offer a discount for SouthMids Sportsters members, so have a look at the SMS forum for details. They are probably the best people for you to go and see, as they come with recommendations from many people.

Whilst you are looking at the SMS forum, you should sign up and put your name down to join us for one of our pub meets, we move around the counties of Bucks, Oxon, Beds & Northants each month.

Malcbox
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: 1998 VVC

Re: Recomendation required..

Post by Malcbox » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:26 am

Thanks Stewart. I know MacDonalds - it's only a few miles from my gaff - and I have seen his "we've now got MG trained mechanics" adverts in the past, but these have not been appearing recently.

I'll give them a bell and see if they are still in that line of business & I'll certainly give you a plug!