Rear Lights and other bits

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

Loyalduke
MGF Register Region: Lancashire

Rear Lights and other bits

Post by Loyalduke » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:21 pm

Have just acquired well will on Weds. all being well... my first ever 2 seater...MG TF of course. I have seen advertised Lexus style rear lights which I imagine on a Trophy Blue car would look rather good? Are they too flash or do they really set the back end off in style....what do people think?
Also want to fit roll bars and an air sheild(?) any advice on where to get them. All help gratefully received.

John

Steve C
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: LE500

Re: Rear Lights and other bits

Post by Steve C » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Hi john

well come to the crazy world of MG ownership ! I see your off to a good start by modding even before you have the car :-)

I personally prefer the classic look as far as the rear lights are concerned, if you want to make a real improvment to your TF get your self a sportser hood, they look fantasic & come with a heated rear view screen.(got mine done at this years MG Fest)

By the way what model of TF have you purchased?

Enjoy

Steve
Intense Blue LE500 Number 283

David Clelland
MGF Register Region: Scotland
Model of Car: 2001 MGF Steptronic

Post by David Clelland » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:00 am

Here's a picture that shows the old and new. You'll also be able to see other pictures including different roll hoops and windstops at http://www.csmgf.co.uk/darkside/darkside_index.htm
Lexus_compare.jpg
Lexus_compare.jpg (85.07 KiB) Viewed 342 times

scott
MGF Register Region: South Wales
Model of Car: 98` mgf

Post by scott » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:36 pm

lexus lights are a personal choice its up to you i am with steve on this one to be honest, but remember its your choice mate no one can tell its wrong if its your motor :thumbsu:

Loyalduke
MGF Register Region: Lancashire

Post by Loyalduke » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:05 pm

Swaying towards the Lexus style> Would still be glad of advice on roll hoops, are they worth the money, where to get them and do they act as effective roll bars?

And here is a picture of .....can't think of a suitable name should it be female????????????

Should have picked the car up today but speed sensor problem still being sorted :(

John
Attachments
MG.jpg
MG.jpg (105.14 KiB) Viewed 259 times