pscan woes

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

Charless
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 96 Mpi, 99 VVC

pscan woes

Post by Charless » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:10 pm

Has anybody had a problem with their pscan since the latest batch of Windows 10 downloads?
I tried it today and could see the port in pscan loader, the LED was flashing on the box as normal but shortly after pressing 'next' I repeatedly got a display of 'interface failed:01'
It has always previously worked, the only thing I could think of was the latest W10 upgrades. I have rebooted the laptop and cleared down all the com ports but it does the same on two different Fs.

So when I connected back to the internet I tried to update my version to 0423 (I think it was 0414 previously) and was given the license agreement option but shortly after clicking accept I get 'Download failed: cannot continue'.
It would seem to be a license issue but this is the same laptop since 2014 when I was a kickstarter subscriber and I have never used pscan on any other computers.

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: pscan woes

Post by talkingcars » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:16 pm

I was going to point you at https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/pscan-u ... tool-forum but I see you've already found it, I was then going to suggest you go to the new website at www.pscan.uk (they can't use the old .eu site due to Brexit) and download the latest version but that has already been suggested.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

Rob Bell
Committee Member
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:02 pm

Flashing can be due to the accidental opening of two versions of pscan at once - I've fallen into that trap before!

Charless
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 96 Mpi, 99 VVC

Post by Charless » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:56 pm

For the archive: It is all sorted now. I followed Phil's advice on another site (see above) and reloaded the driver, latest pscan.exe and rebooted the laptop afterwards.
This seemed to settle it and I was immediately able to open the pscanloader; later I programmed up a fob and read fault codes so a happy ending!

talkingcars
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:12 pm

Rob Bell wrote:Flashing can be due to the accidental opening of two versions of pscan at once - I've fallen into that trap before!
The green LED on the unit should flash when connected to the car.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

pscan.eu

Post by pscan.eu » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:43 pm

If you have two pscan programs running at the same time they used to fight each other to gain access to the hardware.
The result was that the bit where is says "Select Port Here" the available port would start flashing in both of the two.
In the current version 0424 this problem has gone, sorry I can't remember if I introduced this before.
Now if you run it twice the second one will say "Already running" and refuse to do anything at all and the first one will work.
This only affects Windows because it doesn't seem to cause an issue if you run it twice in Linux or MacOSX.