Have values gone up?

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

John SS
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: 2000 MGF VVC

Have values gone up?

Post by John SS » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:24 pm

The September edition of Safety Fast has seven privately advertised F/TF's with an average asking price in excess of £3k. Mostly reasonably low mileage and seemingly well kept cars but not Trophy's or special colours. I know asking price doesn't necessarily equal achieved price but is this an indicator or a bunch of optimistic sellers?!

David Dixon
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Re: Have values gone up?

Post by David Dixon » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:49 pm

I was scrolling through ebay and autotrader a couple of days ago, and I thought that the asking prices, in particular MG Rover TFs, were overall (happily) higher than I have seen in recent times. Whilst some SAIC TF's are still at strong asking prices, a few seem closer earlier to MG Rover TF's as well.

Fraser
MGF Register Region: North West

Post by Fraser » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:38 pm

I am cogitating selling my 2010 MG TF135, made by MG Motor, but it's almost impossible to find what might be a reasonable price to advertise it at as there were so few made. I've had the car 6 years, and its been very very good, and has the N-series engine, so I've had no worries about head gaskets. I suppose the best thing is to put an advert in the club magazine. I also have an MG Midget but that is staying !

Neil Rushton
MGF Register Region: Lancashire
Model of Car: TF135

Post by Neil Rushton » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:23 pm

Ours is a 2010 & it’s done 65K I think it would be worth ITRO £4K maybe?
Last edited by Neil Rushton on Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kawasaki KLX250
Skoda Citigo 75hp!!!
A share in an English Electric Lightning F6 fighter!!!!

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:38 pm

I am not sure how to value the Chinese era cars either. As you say, so few made. But the market seems largely ignorant of their existence?

Club mag and here probably the best place to advertise.