Wanted Hood & Frame

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

ronan
MGF Register Region: Europe

Wanted Hood & Frame

Post by ronan » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:22 am

Hi all

Im looking for both the Hood & Frame for MGF...im putting together a 1995
with my son and finding it hard to source in ROI.
Any around?
Will pay a fair price.
I can collect

Thanks

Ronan

Charless
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 96 Mpi, 99 VVC

Re: Wanted Hood & Frame

Post by Charless » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:06 am

If you have a frame you can get a brand new hood put on it by several suppliers in UK. You can also have the new hood sent to you and do the fitting yourself. If you don't have a frame there are plenty about, but usually with tired hoods currently fitted - probably why they were taken off in the first place. It is very easy and quick to change a frame-with-hood-fitted, maybe 5 minutes with two people.
The problem with the frames is their weight and awkward shape for freight (but they can support the weight of an upside down car!). If a lack of frame is the problem I have spare, but the freight to anywhere will be the issue. Depending on your authenticity of rebuild the Mk1 hood that came on a 1995 car will also be more difficult to find in good condition.

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Post by talkingcars » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:51 pm

Be mindful that a '95 will have an early hood and frame so if doing a concurs restoration make sure to get an early one.

The later hood and frame will fit the early car.

post 2005 will have a heated glass screen
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com

Deepfat
MGF Register Region: Lincolnshire
Model of Car: MGTF

Post by Deepfat » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:56 am

I have a hood and frame supposedly off an MGF but someone would have to tell me how to confirm this as I don't know the differences between various hoods/frames. It's in reasonable condition no rips or tears it's black with a blue window panel which could easily be dyed, I know because I purchased it solely for the HRW glass panel and dyed my blue hood black to match.