That's my car!

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

seasider
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: MGF

That's my car!

Post by seasider » Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:52 pm

That's my car on the MGF Register Homepage photo (Blue MGF - BJ51TMY). How good is that. :-D
I only acquired it last September so wasn't at the event depicted, but knowing the previous owner of the car I surmise it's the SE region on an outing.
Great photo.

Bigfootmgf
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8

Re: That's my car!

Post by Bigfootmgf » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:14 am

Yes it's a well known car! I am friends with the original owner who is a SE group members and it's been used for shows and trips for at least 12years!
Bit hard to work out where it was taken or year only TimM will know as its his photo!
Edit! Just had another look and it's 2014 and a SE MGF run to Newhaven fort!
Paul

Mod's cost money that you don't have or you could have if you did not have mods!

Bigfootmgf youtube Channel
SE MGF Facebook page

seasider
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: MGF

Post by seasider » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:38 am

Thanks for the info Paul. I'm pleased that the car has a long history of shows and trips. It's still in pretty good nick for a 21 year old, certainly no show queen, but I didn't want one like that. My plans are to keep it in good fettle, to that end I recently had refurbished hydragas units fitted all round and the ride is much improved. There doesn't seem to be that many around these days (at least where I live) so decent ones are becoming rarer. Thanks again for taking the time.

Reckless Rat
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: 97 1.8mpi in BRG

Post by Reckless Rat » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:18 am

I think we're on the cusp where the early MGFs are becoming collectable. The British climate has (or soon will) ring the death knell on a lot of badly kept examples, rendering the better looked after more desirable. My Mk1 will be 25 this month and is getting a birthday treat of a trip to italy. There's a little bit of patina here & there but it's rust free, mechanically sound and bodily very clean, having been exported to France in 2004. It has spent the last 18 years in a place where it doesn't rain much and generally only goes out when it's niice and sunny. I have just given the whole of the underneath a good dose of waxoyl to keep it that way. I see no reason why it shouldn't still be about in another 25 years.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:46 pm

Haha, that's a youngster! Mine's now over 26 years old ;)

But yes, I have had to extensively "rennovate" N7, as it had suffered the ravages of age and climate - and no one in their right mind would have splashed out the investment I put into my MGF. But it is a car I've owned from new with loads of memories... :)