School boy error - condensation

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

Gman1
MGF Register Region: Scotland
Model of Car: MGTF

School boy error - condensation

Post by Gman1 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:32 am

Don't have the luxury of a garage so the TF is out on all weathers with the hardtop. Time of year of cabin condensation which was bugging me but resigned myself to the fact that the hardtop isn't a full seal. Anyway whilst topping up my screen wash noticed I had a very damp microfibre cloth down by the spare wheel. Removed said item and bingo - clear cabin. Obviously the moisture was getting inside and causing the problem - doh :roll: Also use a moisture trap just to keep on top of everything :thumbsu:

Deepfat
MGF Register Region: Lincolnshire
Model of Car: MGTF

Re: School boy error - condensation

Post by Deepfat » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:07 pm

I don't have a wet rag but I've got the same prob the annoying thing is I spent days earlier this year adjusting the windows and they now seal well. I wondered if the moisture gets in via the snorkel, I might try putting a plastic bag with rubber band round it to see if it improves matters, and with my memory a note on the steering wheel.

Reckless Rat
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: 97 1.8mpi in BRG

Re: School boy error - condensation

Post by Reckless Rat » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:37 pm

You could always go to B&Q and buy a box with silica gel in it to help reduce the condensation. Cheap but effective fix.

Mind you, I have a Citroen C15 van which is my daily runabout. It sits outside all year round. Now, living in the south of France most of the time condensation isn't a problem, but at this time of the year it's just like the UK, and the van is absolutely sodden inside due to condensation. When I set off, the first time I brake it runs off the roof, along the top surface of the headlining and then drips onto my knees through the sun visor.

They all do that, so they say...

I just wait for a nice day and leave it in the sun with the doors and back doors open to give it a good airing.