Never complain if things seem to be going wrong

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

RobboMC
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: 1999 Mpi

Never complain if things seem to be going wrong

Post by RobboMC » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:43 am

I arranged a boat trip out to a coastal island for last weekend. We arrived at the nearby town to our pre-booked motel to find our reservation has been stuffed up and we basically now had nowhere to stay. Quickly jumped on both phones and found the town was completely booked out. The dive-boats and tours were running full swing.

So had no option but to stay in the next town at the local pub, over 40 km away, and the road is NOT motorway, it's called a highway but it's a secondary road by anyone's measure.

Next the tour operator postpones for 24 hours due to weather, then moves the departure time FORWARD by 30 minutes, so now we are
staying 35 minutes away and need to be at check-in at 7am, meaning a pre-dawn exit from our hotel. It was all going pear-shaped, or so I thought.

In the morning as we left the small town in the rising mist and pre-dawn half light in our MGF there was -well- NO TRAFFIC. Ahead lay 40 km of the best open country road you can imagine and once I had temperature in the oil it was time for some fantastic driving.

Let me just say that we were early for the check-in. :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Here's a shot of the road, I had 40 km of this all to myself.
princes hwy near bodalla.JPG
This was never part of the plan, but truly should have been!

So.... when you think it's all going wrong, maybe it's going right and you just don't know yet!

talkingcars
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: mk1 VVC

Re: Never complain if things seem to be going wrong

Post by talkingcars » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:06 pm

Every cloud has a silver lining.
Home to black Alfa 159 3.2 V6 Q4, blue MGZR160, green MGF VVC and grey MGF 1.8i, and red MG Maestro T16.

MGF chatting on the Register and at http://www.the-t-bar.com