nxt or gold meguiars wax

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

markmanuel
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: abingdon

nxt or gold meguiars wax

Post by markmanuel » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:49 pm

hi all has any one out there had a go at meguiars wax i was thinking of the gold or the new nxt spray wax.

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: nxt or gold meguiars wax

Post by adrianclifford » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:33 pm

Mark, Meguiars do a range of polishes to be used in a sequence. I have used all of their products but a base coat of Carnauba Wax is worthwhile then either of the above are fine, I have found them both easy to use in all weathers (except rain of course :shutup: ).

I am currently using the nxt range.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

ErikB
Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: MGF PTP RT-Sport 165

Post by ErikB » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:23 pm

Chosing between the NXT or the Gold Class wax could depend on the colour of your car, the type of shine and the frequency you want to use the wax.

Both waxes have a normal edition and a spray "touch up" edition, which you use to renew the layer of wax.

@Adrian: first NXT and a top up with Gold Class/Carnuba is done, but not the other way around (first Carnauba then NXT)...

PS: those are waxes, not polishes... so your paint must be very clean and healthy to gain the most benefit.

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:05 pm

Erik, I used carnauba first as it was around before Gold Class and NXT.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.