Styling Touches

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

Phoenix
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: '98 MGF VVC

Styling Touches

Post by Phoenix » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:44 am

Does anybody know the names of the spoiler and/or splitter on the car in these pictures? I've no idea where to start looking to get either of them but they're really cool.
spoiler1.jpg
spoiler1.jpg (75 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
spoiler6.jpg
spoiler6.jpg (62 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
spoiler7.jpg
spoiler7.jpg (187.98 KiB) Viewed 1484 times

David Clelland
MGF Register Region: Scotland
Model of Car: 2001 MGF Steptronic

Re: Styling Touches

Post by David Clelland » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:44 am

Mark L

Post by Mark L » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:33 pm

The rear one in the picture above is not a Trophy one..... TBH never seen one like it before?.. :?

Pete C
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGTF LE 500

Post by Pete C » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:59 pm

Mark L wrote:
The rear one in the picture above is not a Trophy one..... TBH never seen one like it before?.. :?
Likewise......smart though......without the stripes! :)
Pete C

Phoenix
Model of Car: '98 MGF VVC

Post by Phoenix » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:35 pm

Cheers David that's awesome. Just one question, are the spotlamps hard to get hold of? Mine doesn't have any so i'd need to aquire some.
F Splitter.jpg
F Splitter.jpg (228.53 KiB) Viewed 1354 times

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:18 am

Don't forget real Trophy 160's didn't have fog lamps from new (as far as I'm aware) :

so these "Trophy spoilers" must have been modified some way. If you get fog lamps you will need the lamps and fixing brackets, the looms, the relay and the switch. Make sure these "copies" are ready modified to take fog lamps or not before considering a purchase. See the picture above and you will see a real Trophy spoiler.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

David Clelland
MGF Register Region: Scotland
Model of Car: 2001 MGF Steptronic

Post by David Clelland » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:38 am

Phoenix wrote:Cheers David that's awesome. Just one question, are the spotlamps hard to get hold of? Mine doesn't have any so i'd need to aquire some.
F Splitter.jpg
The same chap also sells the front splitter without the foglamp fitting -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0177060998

Regarding the rear spoiler, on closer insection it does look slightly different from the proper Trophy one. Mind you a blind man running for a bus probably wouldn't notice the difference :roll:

Rob Bell
Committee Member
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:06 pm

That's a very interesting rear spoiler - and it does seem to be the same as that one on the eBay trader's site. I have got a pair of their air intake ducts on my car, and the quality is reasonable (I had to polish the gel-coat finish, but its fine). I am considering going for the front spoiler with the integrated fog lamp trim - anyone got experience with these? :)

Rob Bell
Committee Member
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:10 pm

That's a very interesting rear spoiler - and it does seem to be the same as that one on the eBay trader's site. One to add to the styling list I think!

I have got a pair of their air intake ducts on my car (see attached image below), and the quality is reasonable (I had to polish the gel-coat finish, but its fine).
Side intake scoops
Side intake scoops
DSCF0026.JPG (346.85 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
To my surprise, used in conjunction with my airbox and air duct to the nearside air duct, this thing actually seems to make a difference. :thumbsu: Will have to figure out a way to quantify this though - as all I have are subjective impressions.

Anyway, back to the plot: I am considering going for the front spoiler with the integrated fog lamp trim - anyone got experience with these? :)