Who`s been Spotted..........

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

purplebargeken
MGF Register Region: Hertfordshire
Model of Car: MGF VVC

Re: Who`s been Spotted..........

Post by purplebargeken » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:37 pm

Spotted in the Morrisons car park in Enfield this afternoon: dark grey TF with the top down. It had some chrome badging at the back with some dates on, you know the 'from - to' kind of thing. Index number BJ04 EJZ.
1965 Volvo 'Amazon', TR7 powered Triumph Toledo, Triumph 1500 FWD and a modern 1.6 Beetle. My name is Ken and I am a caraholic. There is no cure. Thankfully!

nigelandjo
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF85th,TF135,Trophy

Post by nigelandjo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Silver, right hand drive, French registered F in Tesco's car park in Burnham on Sea late this afternoon. I was in the BRG F with silver stripes. We waved at each other :)
Nigel May
Somerset & Dorset Regional Rep, Membership Secretary, Registrar & Archivist
Email: somerset.dorset@mgfregister.org
members@mgfregister.org

MGCC Members register here: https://mgfregister.org/?page_id=319

mgfneal
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: 1996 mgf 1.8 mpi

Post by mgfneal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:11 pm

spotted a green f going towards Warrington they flashed at me and I was that surprised as no other Mgf has ever done it I didn't know what to do lol :D

mgfneal
Model of Car: 1996 mgf 1.8 mpi

Post by mgfneal » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:50 pm

I parked next to a silver tf in JTF Warrington was it any one on here ? all so seen George Samson there to lol :D

Skipness
MGF Register Region: Yorkshire
Model of Car: TF just sold F :-(

Post by Skipness » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:04 pm

Living, as I do, on the edge of the Peak District, the current weather has been ideal for weekend drivers of open top cars (as well as motorcycles) to take to the road. Yesterday on a 30 minute drive towards Ashbourne I passed two silver and one blue TFs heading the opposite direction to my "sparkly" British racing green F.

richandpaula

Post by richandpaula » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Just got back from 'The Hattton Arms' and spotted a nice X-Power grey, grey hood, Lexus lights, Outon park stickered TF in the car park

Reg was MG**LOZ - I had my suspicions as to who it may of been sat in the beer garden ;)

Anyone on here???

mgfsoldier
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by mgfsoldier » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:25 pm

A left hand drive Abingdon F on Netherlands plates in the north beach carpark in Katwijk Netherlands anyone on here?

phizzphotography
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF

Post by phizzphotography » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Saw a lovely red F in Halesworth this pm on an X reg with an awesome chrome cigarette lighter :)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
2001 MGF 1.8i In Silver (Princess). Saving quietly without telling the wife for a Trophy Blue :)

Helsbyman
Model of Car: MGTF V V C

Post by Helsbyman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:48 pm

MG Ant wrote:I was driving behind a Silver F in Guildford yesterday with the plate T4 VVC.

With a plate like that, there's half a chance the owner sails these shores! :)
not me i'm H3 VVC
Bilstein dampers, 4-2-1 manifold, Head work by Sabre,stainless steel under floor pipes, MGMAINA moded alternator bracket,silicon hoses, Torque tamer, JAYLAD servo bracket, Pro race 1.2 wheels
PETROL BY SHELL :D

purplebargeken
Model of Car: MGF VVC

Post by purplebargeken » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 pm

There are a heck of a lot of spots but not that many 'It was me's'. A lot of folk out there seemingly unaware of the Register/forum. Odd really.

Ken
1965 Volvo 'Amazon', TR7 powered Triumph Toledo, Triumph 1500 FWD and a modern 1.6 Beetle. My name is Ken and I am a caraholic. There is no cure. Thankfully!

nigelandjo

Post by nigelandjo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:51 am

purplebargeken wrote:There are a heck of a lot of spots but not that many 'It was me's'. A lot of folk out there seemingly unaware of the Register/forum. Odd really.

Ken

I agree. We need to start spreading the message. Something for the Committee to consider...
Nigel May
members@mgfregister.org

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:41 am

Our eldest had a Clio 197 recently, he was "spotted" by a Clio Renaultsport forum member, they subtly left a little forum club card under his wiper. He visited their web-site and found it interesting and attended several forum events including a visit to Gaydon with them.

How about similar for our members ? VistaPrint or similar can knock out a thousand basic cards for very little.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

stuart
Model of Car: TF160

Post by stuart » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:17 am

adrianclifford wrote:Our eldest had a Clio 197 recently, he was "spotted" by a Clio Renaultsport forum member, they subtly left a little forum club card under his wiper. He visited their web-site and found it interesting and attended several forum events including a visit to Gaydon with them.

How about similar for our members ? VistaPrint or similar can knock out a thousand basic cards for very little.
That's an excellent idea
Stuart

'02 TF 160 - an Original MG Rover Group Press Car...and still lookin' sharp!

Bilstein Shocks, Z&F Remap, B&G Coolant Alarm, Glass Rear Screen, Braided Hoses, Bling-free at the moment...but that'll probably change

Shot Silk TF
MGF Register Region: Midlands
Model of Car: TF 160

Post by Shot Silk TF » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:23 pm

I was driving through Kegworth late this afternoon and waved to a guy driving a Volcano F (reg N6 ... I think - memory's terrible) :oops:

Anyone on here? Not sure if the car was for sale?

Diane :thumbsu:

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:52 pm

stuart wrote:
adrianclifford wrote:Our eldest had a Clio 197 recently, he was "spotted" by a Clio Renaultsport forum member, they subtly left a little forum club card under his wiper. He visited their web-site and found it interesting and attended several forum events including a visit to Gaydon with them.

That's an excellent idea

Also think this is a brilliant idea.
How would it work?
Individual area's ?, would the Register logo be allowed to be used ?,
Great idea Adrian (and Clio Renaultsport forum), who on the committee would need to be contacted about this?
Cath's car but Gary's plaything :-)

cath's mg

Post by cath's mg » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:52 pm

stuart wrote:

That's an excellent idea

How would it work?
Great idea Adrian (and Clio Renaultsport forum), who on the committee would need to be contacted about this?
Cath's car but Gary's plaything :-)

nigelandjo

Post by nigelandjo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:56 pm

I'll raise at the next committee meeting. Maybe some form of generic flyer which we can make available to members to print off to pop under windscreen wipers of cars they see.
Nigel May
members@mgfregister.org

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Nigel, thanks for taking this up. I believe a simple card advertising the Car Club and MGF Register would be better than a flyer, I would even pay for some myself. I have cards supplied to me by the Anglia Centre but they're personalised to me so a general "come and visit us" sort of thing on a business card will be invaluable in potentailly attracting new members.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

mgfsoldier
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by mgfsoldier » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:25 pm

We were discussing this at poole quay during the summer meet ups that there seemed to be a lot of F owners unaware of the club i was going to start printing of the site bannerwith web address to put under window wipers but never got around to it.

Softly~Softly
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: MGF1.8VVC TF135. 160

Post by Softly~Softly » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:16 pm

cath's mg wrote:
stuart wrote:

That's an excellent idea

How would it work?
As said Vista print do some great cheap deals, we do this on mgww, with a link to our fb page and just put them on any MG's we see or people we get chatting too ..
A great way to get new members :thumbsu:
For all MG/Rover .. MGWW MGWorldWide https://www.facebook.com/groups/midland ... p_activity