MG TF Hard Tops

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

Reckless Rat
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: 97 1.8mpi in BRG

Re: MG TF Hard Tops

Post by Reckless Rat » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:09 pm

Looking at the two pictures I think your car looks better with the windscreen in red.

Baie
MGF Register Region: North East

Post by Baie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:07 am

Reckless Rat Yes i 100% agree with you!!!

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:29 am

Personally I prefer the black windscreen surround, particularly with a black hardtop :)

JonniMG
MGF Register Region: Midlands

Post by JonniMG » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:39 pm

David Clelland wrote:A number of years ago I painted my windscreen surround black to match my hardtop. I tried to find out what the correct colour was that MGR used but had no luck. Eventually, I used a BMW black working on the premiss that as long as I knew what it was I could always touch it up. If I were to go for a MG colour I'd go for the 75th Anniversary black (think that's the only solid black that MG did), since it wouldn't make any sense to paint the windscreen surround one colour and the rest of the car another colour. If it's a black hardtop that you have, they are not painted - it's black gelcoat.

Before

After
Great looking car and colour combo - love the wheels and matching black front splitter which looks better than a boot spoiler- how well does that work?