hand brake lever

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
Pmill52
MGF Register Region: North West

hand brake lever

Post by Pmill52 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi Chaps.

Does anyone know if you have to remove the handbrake cover and the leather bit at the base to refit the centre console??
The reason i ask is because i removed the console with it in situ, but only because it was already broken so did not matter if it got wrecked, i have bought a new one and don't want to make a pigs ear of refitting it.
If so how is it removed??

Androlyn
MGF Register Region: South Coast

Re: hand brake lever

Post by Androlyn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:53 pm

I would think you need to remove the leather gaiter to make it easier and to ensure you don't damage it.
Mine just unpoped/clipped from the base, then turn it inside out over the handbrake lever and you should see a black rubber ring holding it on.
Hopefully that makes sense!
Someone will be a long with a sensible and maybe pictorial guide :lol:
Andrew

Pmill52
MGF Register Region: North West

Post by Pmill52 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:42 pm

Hi.
No not at all, this makes perfect sense to me, Thanks for the info, not sure what i would do without this forum to help out.
Thanks again!!

RobboMC
MGF Register Region: Eastern Australia
Model of Car: 1999 Mpi

Post by RobboMC » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:49 am

Androlyn is absolutely correct, I did this last week to get access to my broken gear lever bolt.

First refit the console without the handbrake gaiter but WITH the gear level gaiter,
then fit the handbrake gaiter inside out, fit the black rubber ring that holds it on,
slide it the correct way from inside out to outside out, then clip into place in the console at it's base.