143vvc - 160 MEMS2J -> MEMS3 conversion

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
trevor.getty
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere

Re: 143vvc - 160 MEMS2J -> MEMS3 conversion

Post by trevor.getty » Sun May 23, 2021 9:19 pm

:D So the 2nd lamda probe can be mapped out or in my case if u get an early mgf trophy 160 ecu then you will have no 2nd probe already. Using the abs sensor is not possible in some early abs units as with mine but it is only used for rough road and to be honest it needs some really rough road to cause a temporarily blip in ur fuel. Forget about it. Ill tell you this all the Caterhams built on the 160 platform have no abs or sensors lol. Or an mil light for that matter lol.

Glad to see the information here useful to others.
I've used this 3 times now and the later 2000 on models of mems2j have later abs units and I can wire the rough road sensor straight in but it didn't really make any difference.

If you need any Information added to my diagrams let me know so its all located together in one topic. Cheers trev

knfevg

Post by knfevg » Sun May 23, 2021 9:47 pm

Caterhams have the rough road sensors also mapped out. Believe I can do that with a mapping software...

knfevg

Post by knfevg » Sun May 23, 2021 9:49 pm

The later mgfs for a Bosch 5.3 unit? I guess the connector for the modulator is different than the one on older units?