My latest mod

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
andywatson
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGF 1.9 Scholar

My latest mod

Post by andywatson » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:50 pm

From this

To this

To this

diesel destroyer
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: MGF GT

Re: My latest mod

Post by diesel destroyer » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Me like.. Me want..

What about the oil temp gauge and clock?

andywatson

My latest mod

Post by andywatson » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Hidden behind the radio, just a simple process of removing radio to view clock and oil temp. No trouble at all really.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:43 pm

andywatson wrote:Hidden behind the radio, just a simple process of removing radio to view clock and oil temp. No trouble at all really.
:lol: :thumbsu:

Andy, you have an instrument pod built into the windscreen surround trim haven't you? Pop the clocks into that, or another one on the passenger side? ;)

andywatson

Post by andywatson » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Rob Bell wrote:
andywatson wrote:Hidden behind the radio, just a simple process of removing radio to view clock and oil temp. No trouble at all really.
:lol: :thumbsu:

Andy, you have an instrument pod built into the windscreen surround trim haven't you? Pop the clocks into that, or another one on the passenger side? ;)
Just kidding Rob, the oil temp is in the gauge pod along with WB Lambda gauge and voltage gauge, I've done away with the clock and will just use the one on the head unit.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Good solution! :)

diesel destroyer
MGF Register Region: Thames Valley
Model of Car: MGF GT

Post by diesel destroyer » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:42 pm