Mark 1 mgf front fog lights

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
radiomarty
MGF Register Region: South Midlands
Model of Car: 1996 1.8vvc

Mark 1 mgf front fog lights

Post by radiomarty » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi all - I have a mark 1 mgf which I have changed the centre console to the mark 2 type which I think looks much better - I have all the switches working apart from the mark 2 front fog light switch which will not switch the fogs off - I have had to put my mark 1 switch back in but it does not look quite right - has anyone come across a fix for this ?

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Re: Mark 1 mgf front fog lights

Post by Rob Bell » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:13 pm

The MY2000 uses similar switches from other cars in the Rover stable of the time - particularly the Land Rover Freelander. Have a look at fleabay, and see whether there is anything suitable?

Otherwise, are these switches no longer available from X-Part/Rimmers/ B&G/ Mike Satur/ MGF Centre?

ashleyfrazer
Model of Car: MGF 1.8 MK2

Post by ashleyfrazer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi. Somewhere I have the wiring diagram for the fog lights and the mk2 switch. I got a mk1 kit then drove to Martins to get the plastic connector for the switch. You might see if he has another. I will see if I can find the mk2 wiring diagram.

Ash

Sent using Tapatalk

ashleyfrazer
Model of Car: MGF 1.8 MK2

Post by ashleyfrazer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:33 pm

Hi
Pin 1 should be red with black tracer
Pin 2. Can't read my writing
Pin 3 empty
Pin 4 Red with orange
Pin 5 Black

I think pin 1 is to do with the switch illumination with the headlights. When the switch is pressed current is sent to the relay via red and orange to close it and trigger the lights on. Black is earth.

From memory the switch has a mark for pin 1. Might be inside next to the gold coloured pins where the connector goes.

Hope the lit was the same as yours.

Ash

Sent using Tapatalk

radiomarty
Model of Car: 1996 1.8vvc

Post by radiomarty » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:52 pm

Many thanks much appreciated