Decats on TF 135's?

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
c13amb
MGF Register Region: North West
Model of Car: MGTF 135

Decats on TF 135's?

Post by c13amb » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Just a quickie i am looking to fit a decat to my TF 135 when i eventually get rojnd to buying one and was wondering will i see any returns atall other than more noise? I currently have a Toyo backbox,piper xpanel filter and z&f remap,just wondered!!
My cars..MY04 '54 MGTF135 in Yas Marina Blue!!!

MY13'63 AUDI Q7 S-LINE 3Ltr. In ibis white!!!

jaydoginvasion
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

Re: Decats on TF 135's?

Post by jaydoginvasion » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:14 pm

I believe it's negligible and you may need to swap it every mot.

mgfsoldier
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i

Post by mgfsoldier » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Will have to put cat on for MOT you will gain a few BHP and it will be a bit louder the best mod is 421 manifold for a TF/F exhaust.

c13amb

Post by c13amb » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:24 pm

Thanks guys wasnt expecting anything massive with bhp,2bhp is what i expected but for approx.£50 its just for fun!! The mot thing isnt a problem i still have 10 months tii the next one and the mot station i use fits zorsts as part of its business so not to worried about that,and a friendly tester helps too!!

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:06 pm

I had a de-cat on my F for a while (for the same reasons as you) however I was told that it was not nice for cars following (if you're on a group run it matters) as the exhaust fumes get caught by the car behind. I took it off as I didn't realise.

Go for the 4-2-1, it's the greatest single mod and it'll give you want you want.

You may have to fork out for a mil eliminator as the management system may not like the de-cat.

Don't forget you could have insurance issues too if you remove the cat.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

c13amb

Post by c13amb » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:23 pm

Thanks adrian some good points to think about there!!
Having looked at the price for 4-2-1's that will have to wait for another day!!

c13amb

Post by c13amb » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Got myself sorted now,tried Cybox many times to arrange collection of the pipe if they could supply,the guy in charge didnt have the courtesy to return my calls.
So have ordered the Toyo one off the bay to match the backbox.Also ordered the eliminater kit from yhe bay from a guy who supplies them for £18 posted.To ensure theres no problem swapping and changing ive also ordered the stainless nut & bolt kit from B&G.Bit dearer than i really wanted to go but a bit of fun none the less. :thumbsu: